Saturday, August 30, 2008

POTUS & FLOTUS

Last night was Clif's last parade of the marching season & everything seemed to go perfect...right down to the tiny little detail that the President of the United States (POTUS) and the First Lady (FLOTUS) were in attendance. I drove to the Barracks just like usual...except that there were police men on all of the bridges and overpasses that the motorcade would pass. Then the Secret Service had the block around the Barracks locked down like Fort Knox...so I had to park somewhere different than I usually do...but that's ok because I was about 100 meters away from the motorcade...pretty impressive! It was awesome to see the President...I was just maybe...50 ft...or 75 ft away from him. And he watched Clif march...along with about 900 other Marines...but, it was still really neat. I'm not sure that I'll ever appreciate another President as much as I do him. He's just a cool guy. I could get really patriotic and sentimental here...but, the night was just great and any words from me would not do it justice!
The second photo at the link below has a photo of Clif just to the right of the President.

http://www.daylife.com/words/George_Bush/photos/all/1

6 comments:

Vic said...

1 meter = 3.2808399 feet


This is for all the old folks who follow your blog.

We are very happy we can follow you and your family again after the long blackout from D.C.

We love you,

Dad

Dad

The Ritz Family said...

Those pictures are awesome!! Hope to see you soon!!! The kids are getting so big and are as cute as a button!!!!

Becky said...

That's a fantastic picture. I really admire Laura Bush.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything Vic said except for the part about "old folks".

Us "old folks" are ready for some pictures of your trip to Texas and Clay Jack's 3rd birthday. No rush...only checking every other day...

The daylife.com site is pretty cool. How awesome to have a picture of Clif so close to the President.

Ashley said...

Please blog or do I have to fly to DC to get some cute new photos?Love ya!

Anonymous said...

missing your blog!! :) hope to hear from you soon, lady.