Monday, October 27, 2008

Where have we been....?



Well, the short answer to "where have we been" is that I've been at the house..."clinging in my guns and religion..." (Seriously, if you don't know what I'm talking about...run to the first tv that you see and turn on FOXNews. Seriously.)
But, the long answer...well, it's a much longer answer.
First of all, we are constantly working on this house. The entire months of August and September were devoted to our back yard. It is a huge backyard and it was completely covered in ivy. Clif had to rip it all up, rake it out, grind up some stumps, cut down some trees...it was serious. Now we're just watching the ground like it's about to sprout gold because we're waiting on our seed to start sprouting. When I talk about this backyard...it's one of those things you'd just have to be here for...it had dinner plates, reading glasses, drinking glasses, lighters, a car axel, just to name a few things, hidden underneath the ivy. It was very crazy and very gross. But, Clif is a superhero when it comes to back-breaking work and it looks really great, even now, and right now it's a bunch of dirt.
Then, in October we drove to Texas. Really, we drove...with two little kids. It was borderline crazy...but we wanted to join the CHS class of '98 for some memories...so we loaded up with movies, books, suitcases, pack-n-play, maps and we hit the road. Honestly, it was not that bad. Although, if we had any more kids it might not have been possible...just because of mine and Clif's sanity. It was great to be in Texas to see everyone. Clay got to spend time with his cousins and Clif and I got to see alot of people that we love. I got to spend some mornings with my sis-in-law and some morning with my girl Julie so it was great fun for me. Clay turned 3 years old on the 8th of October. I cannot believe it...I think I'll have to blog about that later this week. The week of Clif's reunion was Homecoming and Clif was the speaker at the community pep-rally. It was fun to see him encourage and inspire the Cubs...although they weren't quite inspired enough to pull out a win! But, Clif did a great job...it was a big hometown crowd to speak in front of! Of course, there's much more to talk about, but it's almost too overwhelming...
Now we're just thinking of all of our indoor projects for the winter...painting trip, replacing more light fixtures, finishing out the rest of the basement (adding a bathroom and laundry room), redoing our other bathroom....it's endless and also lots of fun.
I'd like to dedicate this post to all of you who have been hounding me to post...you know who you are...people writing on other people's facebook pages about me not posting, yelling things on the phone when my mom is at work and I'm talking to her, etc. You get the picture. I'll try to be better...for you guys. Because that's what it's about right? You guys? Just joking.


6 comments:

Ashley said...

Your back! Thanks and I miss you friend!

TheRices said...

Its always good to see what yall are up to!

kristi said...

I love the picture of all of you at the football game (I think Hamilton played Clifton). I am glad to see you blogging again. It helps me keep up with Celia. I think we all better cling tightly to our beliefs and shout it from the rooftops.

livinginthemidwest said...

I was just thinking about you lately and wondering what you all were up to. Glad you're back blogging and can't wait to see pictures of all of your home improvements. Happy Birthday Clay! I can't believe he is 3 now. I remember when I came to his 1st birthday party. Time does fly.

Anne said...

I can't believe he's 3, either! We still miss y'all here!

Haegelin Family said...

hooray! i was so happy to see the new post and pictures. you guys are too cute!