Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Busy weekend!

We are so thankful for our friends, the Porters...they invited us to the George Washington Birthnight Ball at Mt. Vernon, Virginia. (For some of you that would not be very fun..but we're dorks so we were excited!)













Our evening was especially fun, because George Washington sat at our table for dinner. He looks so much like George Washington that it's a little creepy.



Governor Perry was in town this weekend and called Clif to come for a visit (Clif interned with him during college and we've kept in touch over the years). It was great visiting with him and his entourage, then he took us out for a burger at a place up the street. I was just laughing to myself...is the Gov. of Texas really walking down the street holding my kid...that is just crazy. Clay was a little overwhelmed up eventually warmed up to the situation and even managed to crunch up KIX at lunch and get them all over the Gov's nice black coat...awesome. Clay is wearing a cool western shirt that Doc & Mam sent us...it's old school with pearl snap buttons and has the Kennedy Cross K brand embroidered on the pocket.
And the other big event that rounded out our busy weekend was on Monday we found out that we are expecting another baby....girl! I'm really excited other than she and Evy are exactly opposite in seasonal clothing. I know it would have been awesome for Clay to have a brother...but I am excited for Evy to have a sister. It's a bond that I never have felt with another girl (other than amazing good friends) and I am pleased that Evy will have a sister so close in age to play with, go through school together, be on sports teams together. I've been making up high school sports scenarios in my head...they will be a great combo, I hope! I am anxious to meet this girl and to see if she looks like Clay with a bald head or Evy with her dark hair...or neither. All I know is that she is making me chubbier than her older sister did. Which, I am not really appreciating so much...but I can't wait to hold her in July!

6 comments:

KatieKate said...

I would have totally been geeked about that party, too :) Awesome.

Lorraine Fuller said...

The party sounds awesome as does time with the governer. But I am so excited to hear about your upcoming blessing. I don't know if Clif remembers me, I worked with the youth grop when he was too young to attend, but spent a lot of time with Clay and Cara.

be your BEst YOU said...

So excited for you guys! Keep the blogs coming...I enjoy them. Hope you guys are making progress on the house!!

The Ritz Family said...

Congrats on another girl! We are so excited for you guys!!!

Lisa said...

A. You look beautiful and Clif looks pretty decent, too
B. George Washington sat at your table? I would be all over that - I'm re-reading 1776...nerd alert!
C. I can just picture Clay crunching up cereal on Rick Perry's jacket. You'll definitely be retelling that story at his rehearsal dinner some day. Awesome.
D. Congrats on another beautiful Kennedy girl. It's going to be so much fun to see who she looks like! I really hope I can see you guys when you come in ... try to pencil me in. :)

Lisa said...

Hey girl! Stop by my blog to see a pic of baby Sam - he is precious!