Monday, December 04, 2006

The Red Eye

Today's the day people! We are headed home & excited about it...Ginny reminded me of Mexican food & Blue Bell Ice Cream & I'm not going to lie...my tummy is already growling thinking about those wonderful treats.
Things are good, we're packed & ready for this adventure, I think. But, of course we are going to fly on the red-eye flight & my child literally has a red eye. We are hoping that it is just allergies, but my luck he will suddenly have pink eye, wouldn't that be cool? So, we are asking for prayer: We will be flying through the night, last time we did this Clay skipped an entire night of sleep because he couldn't fall asleep on us, it was awful & that time I had Clif to help out. I'm hoping with the maturity of being a one year old, that he realizes that snuggling is a good thing & will just nod off quickly & QUIETLY.
All of this seems trivial, because our Marine family lost 2 more Marines a few days ago (4 military men were killed in all). One of these Marines worked closely with Clif & it has been a tough few days. We obviously are thinking & praying for his family, he has a wife & three children. These are always sobering moments & really make you realize that each breath you take should be taken with gratitude to the Father that graciously lets you have that breath. My morning yesterday was filled with worry for my own husband & fear that someone would be knocking on my door to say that something had happened to him. It took some time, but I finally got to the point that I realized that Clif is not mine & I am not in control (of course shortly after I realized that he called to tell me he was fine.) God has a funny way of doing that. So, please say a prayer for this family that they would feel peace and comfort through this most difficult time.
We are sad to be leaving Hawaii friends for awhile, but ready to spend some time in winter coats, boots & eating good BBQ, Mexican food & Blue Bell (everyone knows ice cream is perfect in the winter !). Looking forward to a DIVA weekend & time with family & friends. Pray for the boy with the red eye as he flies on the red eye!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kat, I'm grateful for families like yours who sacrifice so much for our country. It breaks my heart to hear of these Marines who lost their lives. I will be in prayer for you and Clay as you fly! I hope you have an amazing time with your family in Texas. I asked Curt to bring me home a McFlurry the other night and he forgot. As his excuse he said, "It's freezing outside! How could you want ice cream?" He doesn't understand that ice cream should be eaten at all times.