Remember those famous last words I typed just a few days ago...that Clay was in a good place? Why, oh why, did I write that? I think the next morning Clay woke up and was determined to undo all of his goodness! (I don't think that the word goodness fits there...but it's all I could think of) Since then, he has skipped a few naps, refused to eat anything other than "wapples" (waffles) on a few days, and thrown fits that take a lot of prayer and patience to get through! I'm actually thrilled today because he ate breakfast AND lunch...a minor miracle this week.
Despite all of that...he's still making us laugh...even when his behavior is less than desirable. The other night at dinner, Clif and I were trying so hard to be stern...but I lost it and laughed...Clay knew he had won the battle and starting acting even crazier...which made me laugh again. I finally gained control...but realized that his craftiness had won. (It's so frustrating when a two year old wins!) This picture is of Clay eating an Oreo after dinner when Doc & Mam were visiting. When Clay saw this picture he said, "Tay messy!" (Clay's messy!) He's messy & he's a mess...but, charming & sweet...sometimes.
1 comments:
I miss you, Clayton Jack...we need your antics around here to keep us laughing!
I grew up with someone just like you - he dominated all mealtimes, family gatherings, etc. but I loved him for it and always wanted to be like him. Little Evelyn is going to LOVE her big bro!
Now, be nice to your mother and eat your dinner.
Aunt Cara
Post a Comment