Everyone has to have a "thing"...my pregnancy thing is falling. I fell down on a busy street in Honolulu just days before Clay was born. And I kept up the tradition today, but hopefully this time there will be a few months in between the fall and the birth!
This morning, I set out to find a pink rug for Evelyn's room (you may not have known that Evelyn is her name) anyway, searching for a rug...and I just decided to whip into this Sears that's near our house. It's weird...it's not part of a mall...it's just a huge Sears in the middle of a very ethnic part of town. Weird. Anyway...I thought...maybe they have a pink rug....so I carried Clay into the store. Well, it had been raining this morning and the floors were wet, as were my shoes, and I just stepped on the tile and fell (with Clay in my arms). That is not something people want to see...a pregnant lady, holding a two year old, falling. It was dramatic - then Clay started crying...I'm pretty sure I protected him in the fall, so I think his tears were from embarrassment or fear. So, that was really annoying...and on top of that Sears has the worst rug selection ever! So...I went home...then I called the hospital...which is totally something that I NEVER do. I don't know why...I just hate taking trips to see the doctor. They told me I needed to come in (they didn't tell me that it would be a four hour stay...) to be checked out. Everything is fine. Evey is kicking and there aren't any contractions, so we're feeling thankful tonight. Hopefully I got my "pregnancy fall" out of the way and there won't be any more falls!
One more thing...if you know me...you know that I have the straightest hair ever. My hair looks exactly the same no matter if I fix it or not...but in the last few months I have found both orange, yes orange, and black really wavy hairs in my head. It is freakish. Just thought you'd want to know that.
Friday, October 19, 2007
My pregnancy thing -
Posted by Clay at 7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your fall but I'm glad everything was okay. I love the name Evelyn/Evey! Good luck on the rug search.
Okay so I have a story for you too! Praise the Lord you and Miss Evey are okay! I am such a clumsy person that when I a pregnant I may not need to go anywhere! Love ya, Ashley
Well, it is close to Halloween so maybe your hair is changing for the holiday. Now, if you start finding red and green hairs in December, then maybe you should worry!
freaky - your babies name is the same of the baby I'm a nanny for, did you know that? Only difference is that her name is Evelynn (Lynn is her mothers middle name) and we call her Evy. Did you steal that? :-)
I was at the fabric store yesterday looking for fun fabrics and I thought to myself "I wish Kat was here."
Miss you friend!
Sweet Kat - you're not alone. I had crazy hair and could never finish a sentence I started. I'm ready to see a pic of you looking pg! You're totally skinny in the previous pics! Brynne and I are rooting for Evey to come on her b-day! Miss you.
Kat...
It's been forever! I saw your blog address on Jen Russ's page. Just wanted to say hi, and tell you that you and your "boys" look precious! We should catch up--- it's been about 5 years! I think about you a lot girl. Here's my blog address if you want to catch up... markandshevawn.blogspot.com
Love,
Shevawn Deen McSpadden
I got to visit with you mom this weekend at Sharyns baby shower ... and got to see pictures of Julie and her tummy ... so are we gonna get to see pictures of you ??? Also, heard that you haven't had any problems this time !!! That is GREAT !!
Laci
Kat,
We need an update. We got a verbal update from your mom this past weekend, but we need your humorous, witty, photgraphic updates that we all miss so much!
Hope things are going well with miss Evey!
Blessings,
Sharyn
Post a Comment