Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Night & Day




Night & Day ~
If you know my brother & I...you would think I would have grown up knowing that two siblings can literally be as different as night & day. But, I guess it took me having two of my own children to REALLY see how different two children can be. Evy is only 9 weeks old...but every day I am reminded of the huge differences between the two of them (and I am thankful that there is only one Clay-Jack!). He's blonde-she's brunette, he's loud-she's quiet, he's dramatic-she's even-tempered, the list is already lengthy and we don't even REALLY know Evelyn yet!
The other day I tried to take some pictures of them in their diapers...you know...a loving photo of a sweet brother and his baby sister...yeah right. I bribed him with goldfish crackers...but he still wanted nothing to do with her. Afterwards it was pretty funny, but I was frustrated! He loves Evy...at a distance!

8 comments:

Princess Ellie said...

Kat- she looks like you ! I love the cute pictures !

laci

Ashley said...

Oh my, thanks for the glimpse b/c you know I will be calling you for advice one day! They are to cute, love them both and you too!

Aunt Sarah said...

I love 'em!! Remember Julie and I weren't the best of friends when we were little and now we don't go a day without talking to each other on the phone! It's just sibling love! Hope all is well...Can't wait to see you guys!!

Ashley said...

I forgot, Dustin and I didn't like each other for some time (the teenage years), now I am in his wedding! Wow we sure have grown up, so no worries with Clay and Evy b/c he will protect her for sure!

Hali Bell said...

Yeah it happens.. although.. i used to not even want to be around Zac because T.J. was the only nice one but it changed quickly. Evy is adorable and looks just like you! Love the one of Clay-Jack in the water.. haha!

Anonymous said...

they are both so beautiful!!! i just love that picture of clay in the tub, what a character. :)

rick and sharyn mc said...

Kat,
You have the most beautiful children!!! It is so amazing how different they look from one another.
From my experience, a little sibling rivalry never hurt anyone...the four of us fought like crazy, but now we are the best of friends!
(I need your addresss--I've had a thank you note for you for 2 or 3 months now... mrsmcelmurry@yahoo.com) Thanks,
Sharyn

Shevawn said...

Your kids are precious! I can't believe it's been like 5 or 6 years since I've seen you. You guys look so happy! Hope all is well!