Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Have you ever just felt...

blah? I think that's what's been going on with me for months now! I am not that kind of girl...so it's been frustrating...but, slowly, slowly, slowly....I'm feeling more like me again. (Now, if I could just go get a haircut, massage and pedicure....I would REALLY feel like me again. But, I don't see that happening anytime soon..except maybe this weekend because Tutu will be here!) Anyway, I've been pondering my "blah-ness" and why it has settled over me like a wet cloud and I think that I may have figured out the problem.
1) Hello...I just was pregnant and have a violent (violently happy & violently sad) 2 year old!
2) We moved across the Pacific Ocean and across the entire country (that's about a bazillion miles in my head)
3) Most importantly...I have not been serious about my focus on Christ. This is the one that I'm just irritated with myself about, because it's not like me to get caught up in housework and to ignore what I know to be the most important thing. In what crazy world is folding the laundry more important than sitting down to thank God for His grace & meditate on His word. Well, I would guess that many of you live in that same crazy world...but, I think I'm going to move out of that world today because it's not really working for me.
This week our family has had a transformation -
1) I am turning towards Christ whold-heartedly and ignoring the laundry and the Christmas decorations that are piled in the storage closet and not put away!
2) Clay's ultra-schedule has begun again. We had this kind of day before moving...but it's back and he's responding well. (When I say ultra-schedule, I mean it...every 15-30 of his day is filled with something different)
3) Evy is the sweetest girl. She is mellow, snuggly and beautiful...I feel so blessed.

One last thing...yesterday Clay was about to throw a fit so to distract him I pretended like I was crying (I'm not sure why...it was the first thing that popped into my head). He looked at me and cupped his little hand under my chin and said, "Don't worry about it, Mom!" He's such a funny boy.

2 comments:

ginny said...

Oh, my, Kat! Moving is so hard and babies are hard and 2 year olds are hard. It is too much to take on yourself, but you know the Lord can and will help you. You already know the answer to your "blah-ness". I'll be praying for you.

The Schmidt Family said...

I completely relate sister. I had a bit of post-partum. It's all such a life change, not to mention moving. Keep your time with Him a treasured priority - and get that pedicure girl!
I'm praying for you!