Thursday, February 07, 2008





Evy's Room ~

Here's a little window into Evy's world. She spends most of her time here these days...sleeping in her swing. When I found out that we were going to have a baby girl, I was overwhelmed with the possibilities of who she would be. Is she going to be one of those girls obsessed with princesses (please, Lord...don't do this to me!), or will she be like me - a girl who likes some girly things...but also likes to play sports and is friends with the guys? There will be years for her to develop her personality...but, I just wanted to welcome her into a room that she could grow to love. So, we began to collect items from here and there & I searched for fabrics that I like...which...if you know me....of course there had to be some turquoise in there! (Although, I call the color in her room "robin's egg blue") Anyway, then, I had to decide...what to do with the furniture and what color to paint the walls. There are just too many decisions with a baby girl! As you can see, I left the walls white...it was easy and I liked the painted furniture in a white room. A few special things are in Evy's room ~ there are a few items that were found at Clif's childhood friend, Bonny's antique store. The big pink kitchen cabinet was a gift from our parents, found in Clifton, of course. The print on top of the cabinet was a gift from Aunt Cara & the pastel in the brown wood frame on the green cart was drawn by my brother. Ethan drew it and also made the frame...people always think I'm creative...but I'm not nearly as talented as my brother when it comes to art projects. The pink shelf is a "Clif & Kat original". You're impressed, right? No...just joking about you being impressed...but we really did make it, Clif cut it with his new saws & I did the painting. Let me know if you'd like one...we'll work something out...I'll personalize it for you! I've spent quite a bit of time this week sitting in that rocker, I love sitting there with the lamp on and the light coming through the window. It's such a cozy, little room...perfect for a cozy little baby. Evy has really been completely different than Clay was, already I can see a difference between the two of them (boy, I am glad about that...another Clay would CRAZY around here!). He is really becoming a sweet brother (he no longer cries "NO FEED EVY!") so, we're making progress around here. He always is ready to give her a pacifier (mainly because he hates crying...not his own of course) and he helped me give her a bath this week. He was really excited about her little bathtub and kept calling it "Eby's boat!" Evy is such a sweet girl...so far...I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out & her to start screaming...but, so far, so good...and I am glad!

9 comments:

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

I wish I could see Eby in her boat!
We miss you terribly...and long for the day that we can celebrate birthdays together and have sleepovers.
I love the room - you have done so much since my visit. What a perfect room for sweet Evy Lou.
Can't wait to meet that girl. Come home soon!

Amanda said...

It's the perfect nursery. I love it!

Ashley said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are incredibly talented and sweet Evy is so blessed! Glad Clay is adjusting, he really will be her best friend soon! I may have news for you soon!

livinginthemidwest said...

Great job Kat! Can you come help me decorate my boys room? Hey could you e-mail me because I don't have your new e-mail? I wanted to ask you about making homemade yogurt.
jasonerinwood@earthlink.net

TeamRB said...

How sweet. I am glad to hear that clay is being a good big brother. I just love Evy's room and yall's shelf is not only impresive, but very cute. I love all of the personal touches. I am thinking of you all. Hope all is well.
Rebekah

ginny said...

That's a beautiful room for a beautiful girl!

The Schmidt Family said...

She is so precious Kat!

Anne said...

Beautiful room, beautiful baby! PalmPilot enjoyed seeing y'all this week! I'm jealous! :-)

Becky said...

Kat, you always do such a great job of decorating! You are so talented.