Thursday, December 25, 2008

Big Brother

In the past few months we have seen a dramatic difference in our first born. As he ages he is finally developing some reasoning skills and therefore becoming such a joy to be around. Most days he is busy telling us stories (and talking NON STOP), pretending to be a fireman, pretending to be a baby jaguar or something along those lines. He is still funny and has an impressive vocabulary. He has loved books for quite some time now...he has tons of them memorized...seriously long books. Clay loves to help out (as long as it is his idea). He really enjoys standing on a stool and helping me cook dinner. From very early on Clay had us laughing and honestly, that is still his stand out personality trait. He is amazing...I have never seen a little kid take on a room of adults and have them all interested and laughing at what he is talking about. A few weeks ago I had a doctor's appointment and Clay and Clif came in to the room with me to see the picture of Clay's new baby brother or sister! (Yes, you read that right...another Kennedy is on the way.) Clay was not at all interested in looking at the picture he was stressed that we were about to give him a shot. Then Clay and Clif went back out into the waiting room and then Clay started telling the room full of strangers that there was "a wittle, tiny baby in my Mommy's tummy and we're going to squeeeeeeze it out!" What in the world. Clif said it went on for about 10 minutes and everyone was cracking up...which of course made Clay even more excited to entertain.
When I look at Clay I am amazed that he will be the pattern that all of his siblings will follow. I know that he will probably exhibit a lot of behavior that they will avoid! But I know that he will love them all whole-heartedly as he loves everything...after he warms up to them. He really enjoys Evs these days as long as she isn't coming towards what he is playing with.
We are excited about our new baby...although it was a bit of a shock. We will meet this newest addition in mid-July.
Merry Christmas, too! We are actually celebrating Christmas on the 26th so that Doc & Mam can be with us.

19 comments:

Anne said...

Mele Kalikimaka! And Congratulations on the new one. We sure do miss y'all. I'm glad you've been blogging again.

If you were still here, PalmGirl would be happy to babysit. :-)

Amanda said...

Congrats on the new baby on the way! And merry Christmas!

Otter Family said...

Congrats!!! Now you guys are catching up with us. I love having 3 (so far)!!!! Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Lisa said...

I really wish I could be around that kid more often. :) And congratulations!!! I'm sure you already have some good nursery ideas...make sure you tell Cara so she can pass them along to me and make me jealous. Love you guys and merry Christmas!

The Ritz Family said...

Congats!!! We are so happy for you guys!! Merry Christmas!

TheRices said...

Congrats!!! How exciting!!! I miss you guys! Hope to see yall soon
Bonnie:)

ginny said...

Congratulations! I know all about those shocking 3rd blessings - they're wonderful :) Hope you're feeling well.

Tutu said...

Whew! It's finally out! This has been a very hard secret to keep. Your father and I are so excited! Another Kennedy...what can I say...the more the better? I can not wait to find out what we are having...but, I guess I will have to. Merry Christmas to you all...we've really missed being with you but we're glad Mam and Doc were able to be there with y'all. You and yours bring us so much happiness. Love to you all. Mom

Anonymous said...

Kat and Clif,

Congratulations. Clay cracks me up. He has an amazingly accurate understanding of childbirth. Blessings for 2009.

Rhoda

be your BEst YOU said...

CONGRATS!!!

Amanda said...

Not sure if you remember me from ASC, but I found you on Melissa's page. Looks like all is going well for you and your family... congrats on the soon-to-be new addition.

Shevawn said...

I haven't talked to you in years, but I must say, your family is PRECIOUS!

Haegelin Family said...

congratulations, kennedy's! just when i think your family can't get any cuter! :)

The Schmidt Family said...

new baby? you snuck that in there too well! Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

wow lady!!!! i am so happy for you! :) i can't wait to find out what you're having...i've never even met clay and just your stories of him crack me up. i think in a lot of ways he takes after his momma, she was a very funny kid too. :)

Lorrie Macy said...

Wow! Our computer broke, so I lost all my saved blog addresses. I finally got around to checking on you guys, and what a surprise! Congrats.

ginny said...

Kat,
I loved the present you made for Rachel! It was adorable! How're you feeling?
Ginny

Andi said...

katty ann, we need new pics. maybe some of a little boy in chaps, boots, spurs, holster and Clay belt...but i am not picky, anything will do. How are you feeling?