Monday, December 22, 2008

Evs












Evy-Lou,
This past week you turned one year old. You have been a welcome addition to our family from the moment we knew you were growing inside of me! These days you are really happy when our entire family is together. I think your favorite time of the day is when your Dad walks in the door. I am usually holding you and you bounce up and down in my arms saying, "DADA!" until he holds you. I think that you know that your brother is a little bit scary sometimes...you seem to know that getting to close to him could result in an injury...so you're usually happy to keep a healthy distance. (This doesn't mean that you aren't always completely interested in what he is doing...and you think he is hilarious.)
Babies are your favorite thing. You love baby-dolls and photos of babies. When you hold a doll you pat on her, kiss her and say, "Ohhh." Your next favorite thing is eating. You love just about everything- peaches, beans, chicken, and Nilla wafers are a few of your favorites. You are a very fast crawler and you don't seem to know that walking is an option for you. I am personally not rushing walking by any means...you can crawl for a few more months if you would like!
You make us smile. Every night your Dad and I go into your room to look at you before we go to bed. You are usually tucked in a ball with your bottom in the air. It's so cute, especially when we see your smile with your teeth. You are different from your brother. He has a big personality...you are more content to stay in the shadows and watch. You compliment each other so well...you are exactly the girl that we needed and I am daily thankful for God's providence in knowing who our family needed when he gave you to us. I know that you have your faults and as get older they become more evident...but, honestly, most days I just think you're about perfect and I can't imagine what life was like before you.
Love you Sweet Evs-
Mama

7 comments:

Tutu said...

Evs,I checked the blog tonight before going to bed to see if by chance there was a new writing. I was very excited to see all those cute pictures of you. You are so precious. Your mom describes in perfect detail. I sure miss you and Clay. I should send the clip of Clay and you...you are kissing him on the forehead and he lends back in and says, "Ev, pretenda to bita me again." Clay, you are so funny! I hope your family has a joyous Christmas...we all are so blessed. Love, Tutu

be your BEst YOU said...

Such a sweet post!! And she is so adorable. Merry Christmas! - AlanaKay

Amanda said...

Kat, we are having a baby girl in about 51 days, but who's counting? Reading about your sweet daughter and seeing her precious pictures makes me so excited about the next year. I hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas! Happy Birthday, Evs!

Haegelin Family said...

brought tears to my eyes this morning :)

Otter Family said...

Happy Birthday Evs. I can't believe she is one already! The house looks awesome, you guys did a great job. Merry Christmas!

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Happy birthday, sweet Evelyn Louise. You are a blessing to your family, and a gift from God. We love you!

Ashley said...

Merry Christmas Kennedy Family!

Evy I was estatic the day your mommy said to think PINK! You are loved so much and your sweet personality is a blessing. Happy Birthday and praying 2009 is full of many blessings!

Love,
Auntie Ash