OK...so I know you folks only check this so you can see pictures of a really cute baby...but it's 10:06 pm & everyone who I want to talk to is in bed because it's 3 am in Texas...so, I'm writing stuff. (My Dad always told me not to use the word stuff, but sometimes it just fits.)
Now, I know there are alot of you who check the blog and don't comment (you know who you are :o) ). So, here's your chance...I'm thinking of all of my good friends in Hawaii & at home wondering what things there are about you that I don't know, so I'm giving you a chance to share with me. Here are some things from me...in no particular order
1. I despise hanging up laundry
2. I'm afraid of the dark (it's cheesy, I know, but it really freaks me out if I'm alone)
3. My favorite color changes daily...but most commonly is red, vintage green/jade, or turquoise
4. I can spend way too much time playing Solitaire on the computer...somehow it lures me in & 20 minutes later I think, did I just waste 20 minutes?
5. Besides water...my favorite things to drink are just about any kind of tea, hot or cold, & Dr. Pepper, I know...no surprises there
6. I want to travel to lots of different places in the world & I'm happy that I can check off Japan, the Bahamas & Hawaii
7. My favorite outfit (can't wait until all my old clothes fit perfectly again) is jeans and a black t-shirt & black flip-flops...or "slippahs" as the folks out here call them
8. I wish I were bold enough to share my faith with more people than I do
9. I want to have dinner parties (like my friend Vickie) but never can think of that many people that would want to come over for dinner!
10. I secretly like to make lists...but don't like it when people tell me to make one or make one for me!
OK- so there you have it. My deepest darkest secrets, not really, but that's all I've got tonight. I know you Clay fans just want some pictures so I'll take some tomorrow. I just needed to feel like I was having a conversation. Now...I'm expecting some comments here...just write one or two things that you feel like no one knows about you, even when they know you really well. (By the way, it's freaky how many of these facts I know about Clif...even if we've never discussed them...ask any Kennedy family members!) Good night...good morning...whatever. Hope you're having a nice (fill in the appropriate time here). I'm scrapbooking & ignoring the pile of clothes that need to be hung up that are on my bed, I can see them from here and they are irritating me. Seriously, I'm expecting comments from my usual comment friends and also from some of you who don't ever comment!
oh- I thought of one more...for all of you who don't think I like the morning or that I can wake up...I love to walk into Clay's room at 7 am and see his cute face, so there...so to anyone who's ever lived with me (Sunny Court girls) or been with me just after waking up...miracles do happen!
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Random thoughts...
Posted by Clay at 1:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
1. I can't go to sleep at night until my kitchen is spotless. Annoying.
2. I love to read magazines, especially People. Trashy, I know.
3. My favorite drink besides DP is a Starbucks caramel macchiato.
4. My favorite season is spring.
1. I love being RANDOM!!!! This is not a hard task for me.
2. I too love to read magazines, my fav is SELF. All of my magazines are currently keeping the carpet company beside my bed.
3. I dislike...snakes, the smell of trash, and tomatoes!
4. Guilty...I am one of Kat's friends that looks at the pics on the blog, but I never seems to leave a comment. (Working on getting better!)
5. I love TRENDY Jewerly!!! It makes me very happy.
6. Being married to a THIRD year Dental Student is AWESOME!!!!
Love you! Can't wait to see you!!!!!
thank you lhigp, i appreciate your honesty...wish you lived next door to me for a variety of reasons, one being that you could come over and clean my kitchen any time.
Apparently....I can't spell Jewelry. Good thing it is summer!
now i know why i have two wonderful friends...they post when i ask them to! julie, i miss laughing at you taking out smelly trash...another way that you & clif are similar.
I know I don't comment as much as I should, but I look at your beautiful family EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
Anyways
1. I can't eat off a fork with crooked prongs; I would rather starve to death.
2. I am afraid that an overpass is going to collapse on my head one day.
3. I love laughing until my stomach hurts.
4. I miss my friends more than I thought humanly possible.
That’s about it, Love you and miss you tons!!
Hey Kat,
I'm a newcomer to the sight and I love seeing pictures of Clay since I don't get to see you all much. We really need to hang out soon.
Anyway I thought this was a fun idea and laughed because I relate to a lot of yours.
1. I can't walk on open grates on the sidewalks b/c I'm afraid I'll fall through.
2. I too am afraid of the dark and will turn off the light and then run and hop on the bed so nothing will grab my feet from under the bed.
3. I am addicted to e-mail. I check it about every hour sometimes.
4. I love laughing so hard that I can't breath or watching my boys laugh just as hard.
5. It annoys me if the toilet paper isn't put on the toilet paper holder right...the paper has to roll over the roll not under.
6. I have to fit chocolate into my day at least once.
your friend from church
~erin
Some random things about me:
1. I can't sleep with the closet door open.
2. I am obsessed with books and I can't stop buying them. Good thing I found the used bookstore at the Kailua public library!
3. I have a phobia about chandeliers falling on my head. Not that I have any around here...:-) but when I'm in a room with them, I hate to look up and think about it.
4. I love being near the ocean and am very thankful that my husband is in the Navy so we don't have to live in Kansas. (No offense to any folks from Kansas. I just don't want to be away from the ocean!)
5. Apparently I'm the only one in our home who knows how to change the toilet paper roll. (And Erin, I'm with you. It has to go OVER the roll.)
6. I know 4 people around the corner from you who would come to one of your dinner parties! ;-)
7. I think your baby is one of the cutest EVER!
Thought of a few more while I was driving tonight.
5. I am addicted to reality tv - Survivor being #1. Right now I am into "So You Think you Can Dance."
6. Things I don't mind splurging on: a good haircut or a cute outfit for my kids.
7. I love to do laundry.
8. I should be a professional online shopper.
Hey Kat,
Its your cousin Katie! I made a blog for Adam & I so that I could post comments on Clay's blog! He is so cute in all of the pictures!!
ok-
ashley ~ we've got to live closer to shop together...and i miss bumping into you on the way to the bathroom in the morning in the hall...that was hilarious, we'd just look at each other with that super annoyed i hate mornings look.
andi ~ how did i not know about the fork thing? i just thought of another one for you, it's not pc, so i won't write it...but, i'm remembering your phobia of a certain nationality on the way to the zachary building & when we sat on our bench outside the psych building & laughed at all the people walking by. that was a good time!
erin ~ i'm cracking up at how much alike we are...i run into bed too, and i hate turning off the lights behind me as i turn them all off at night i kind of run through the house. (good thing our house is small!) i think something's going to get me! and i'm really with you on the toilet paper thing...
anne ~ i'll remember to take our
chandeliers down when you come over for dinner :) and i need to come over to your library to check a book out...i love to read too, i catch myself reading junk mail & cereal boxes just to be reading something...i will totally not do chores just to finish a book. my 7th grade math teacher told me to stop reading in class & i said, "ok, but i really just need to finish this chapter"...she was a reader so she actually let me
seriously lhigp ~ we've got to be neighbors...you clean my kitchen & do the laundry, i'll do whatever it is that you hate. i'm excited about the "america's got talent" show...it will probably stink, but it's the little things in life that make me happy
katie ~ glad you stopped by!
This "random thoughts" idea is like getting together with friends at a reunion. I'm reading thoughts from acquaintances on O'ahu (hi Anne and Erin), the Sunny Court roomies + 1(that would be you, Andi), and of course, Cara (the daughter I'd claim in a minute...with her 2 sweet children).
Reading this earlier made me laugh...thinking of the things that might be fun to just put out on the table. Now, at this hour, I can't think of those bizarre thoughts. So, these are my very random thoughts ~
1) I hate to go to bed (it's 3:07 am)...I might miss something...but, then I hate to get up...what a cycle!
2) I love our Clayton Jack...he is so expressive...might I also add.. cute, funny, and lovable?
3) I love buying clothes for Clay ...boy clothes have gotten so much cuter...I use to love to buy Kat clothes...hmmmm
4) I love the fresh and organic vegetables and eggs that I'm going to get to buy at market tomorrow morning from the Kennedy Farm. Also, the zinnias are a real treat! (it makes me feel like I'm in Kailua at that market)
5. I love being around your Sunny Court friends + Andi..."they" make me laugh until I hurt.
6. I'm proud having Clif as a son-in-law. What an awsome man to take on such sacrifices and yet the glory of serving and protecting our country. It goes without saying that I love him for being such a devoted husband to our Kat and a wonderful dad to our Clay.
7. Favorite drinks...that would have to be diet lime coke or diet cranberry limeade from the one and only place....SONIC (it's really the good ice I love)!
8. I can't think of anything that I really I despise...I don't really care to be around negative thinking people...I'd rather be around more positive energy
9. I love the quietness that two people can share because they are just happy to be in each other's company
10. And, I love having you as my daughter! You've always been there as a friend,a spiritual mentor, a playmate, a fashion consultant, and now, as a mother, ...you're there as a soulmate. Truly, understanding devotion and unconditional love for your new family.
*** 18 more days ***
thank you, mom. i can't believe you're up at 3:07...oh wait, yes i can. you and cara should get together, i hear she can't sleep sometimes. and thanks a lot for gloating about two of my favorite things...kennedy produce & sonic drinks...drink a vanilla dp or cherry limeade for me. *sigh*
MLE-
You are a rare treasure. I love you! Those 4 flights of stairs were crazy. I'm laughing thinking of you going through dept stores straightening the pants...I bet outlet malls or Ross really freak you out.
Auntie Joyce-
Have a glass of wine...the flight will go by quickly while you sleep! OK- just kidding...but we are excited to see you too!
I've thought of more...
-I love to look trendy, but after I get dressed I look in the mirror & think "I look stupid" and I change back into jeans & a t-shirt with my hair in a ponytail. (all the while clif is thinking that i'm insane)
-They should make deoderant so that it doesn't crumble & fall on the floor when you get to the end
-I'm an introvert stuck in an extrovert's body...people think i'm a people person, but i'd rather be on my porch with a glass of iced tea & a good book
-It's hard to remember that MY husband & MY son were never mine to begin with...it's out of my control
-My mother-in-law & I have slap list of political figures that we'd like to slap...quite a few Senators are on our list
-It bugs me that I'm different than my friends in that I really care about politics & world issues more than I should
***I can't believe I met three of my best friends in the world when I was only in the seventh grade, one being my husband. How blessed I am.
OH...the list goes on...make it stop!
Glad to see you chose college over Sonic, Sarah. You & your sister are funny about so many things...food touching?!? You make me laugh. I miss you too, Sarah. Hope we get to see each other next time I'm home. I always feel like since you're J's sister, you're my sister too. Be good - Kat
Okay, here goes - (yes, I know the excitement of the list is over now, but you know I have to get my 2 cents worth in) -
1. My favorite drink is cranberry juice mixed with orange juice (a little more orange than cranberry)
2. I love to tear out ideas from magazines and put them nice and neat in a little notebook (yes, it's tabbed), but can't remember the last time I went there for an idea
3. I'm addicted to playing Zuma online
4. No matter how late it is or how tired I am, Clay can ALWAYS talk me into staying up to watch a movie
5. I absolutely love playing putt-putt
6. I think I could eat a package of M&Ms every day if I let myself
7. I go into the Christian bookstore all the time to look around for that perfect book that I can use as a daily devotional, but always just come out with a couple of cards
8. I can't STAND it when people bash President Bush - I know he's not perfect, but reading CNN really makes my blood boil
9. I really enjoy putting things in ziploc bags
10. One of my favorite things in the whole world is checking the mail...even at work!
okay since i'm a reader of your blog i feel compelled to comment:
1. I am addicted to my People magazine, I look forward to every friday knowing it will be in my box and am VERY UPSET when for some reason its not there (like today!)because honestly I just love the Crossword Puzzle
2. Towels must be hung up properly each time after use!
3. I always make the bed even though no one else ever sees it to know any different
4. I can't do one thing at a time, I have to multitask, such as talking on the phone and playing Tetris, or doing data entry at work while playing spades online, etc
5. I love the smell of clean laundry and thoroughly enjoy sleeping in clean sheets
6. I take strange pictures of things like shadows and flowers and random objects ( see my blog for proof )
7. The toilet paper MUST roll over the top, the toothpaste MUST be squeezed from the bottom and i'm very particular about the way a dishwasher is loaded. God help the man who marries me!!!!
Who knew that writing random thoughts could be so liberating for everyone? I love it!
Lisa- I've had oj & cranberry juice the past two mornings...yum! and i'm with you on the bush-bashing...helloooo...he's the President! (president's on the phone :o) )
Doc- you are one of the few people I know that are truly gifted with your favorite things...and i love that you have to lock the doors...me too...i can't sleep if i can't remember checking them before getting into bed
Jana- I agree...clean sheets are one of the best things in life
MLE- who knew so many people were obsessed the toilet paper thing...
i like hand-written notes as well. i'm good at leaving them for people near me, but not so good at slipping them in the mail box...wonder why?
Okay - just one more thing for the Kennedy clan (you know who you are) - for some reason I STILL get a good belly laugh out of the whole "President's on the phone" bit...I know it's mean to make fun, but it's really just too funny. I'm laughing out loud right now just thinking about it.
Oh, and Kat - just in case you haven't talked to Cara recently, there's a new little Starr on the way!!!
Okay, Kat, I agree you have to leave this message up a little longer. It's amazing to see the people that are responding and so fun to read their responses. (Hi, Lauren). I miss getting to see Clay but I can handle it a little longer... but, not too much longer. You could write a book about random thoughts after this. I can't wait to see what you come up with the next time you are lonely...although I am just a call away...anytime of the day or night. I figure when I'm 90 and wandering around the house at 3 am... I'll be calling you .
Lauren-
Well...I always knew you were a little bit strange...this confirms that! No, I'm kidding. I feel so blessed to have reconnected with a childhood best friend. I think of you often & I am grateful for our time together!
Well folks- I think I'll post some pictures now...well, actually after Clay wakes up from his nap so I can snap a few. Thanks for all of you responses, they were entertaining & enlightening! -kat
Post a Comment