Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day!





Freedom...it has come at a high cost for this nation, but I am so grateful! I love that I can sing & teach what I choose to my sweet son & that I got to spend this evening with sweet families. Clay & I spent most of the day relaxing (Clif's still in Cali!) and then we went over to a friend's house for a 4th of July Hoopla. It was fun to spend time with people (and even to get a break from holding Clay from several baby-loving friends). We jumped on their trampoline, ate good food & enjoyed a street-pyro show that was quite impressive. Clay slept through the whole thing inside (also impressive). As I was driving home, listening to my talk radio "friends" I became more focused on the meaning of the 4th than I had been all day. I was glad that I had the drive home to reflect on our independence & how sweet this nation is. I love that all the crazy Cindy Sheehans, Hollywood idiots & Jesse Jacksons can stand up and protest. This is America...they are free. I also love that I have the freedom to despise these people & think that they are morons. That's the beauty of it. I am often left flabbergasted at the levels to which these Bush-haters will stoop to push their agenda, but I have to say that it is truly what makes our country amazing...those people can have their views & the true majority of Americans can think otherwise.
OK- you had to know that I would get my America thoughts in...it's the 4th of July. But, most of you read this for the sake of Clay photos...so in Clay news...
It's been hard to snap photos these past few weeks because he's always on the move. I love how much better he gets everyday at scooting across the floor. But, I'm amazed at how he finds every place in our home to get himself wedged and therefore stuck. He's been stuck between chairs, inside chairs, under the tv cabinet. The boy is a low-crawling disaster! He had some grapes today, they were peeled and slimy...he ate them but was not impressed. He's quite a talker (so yes he gets that from me...Clif's not one to waste words) babababa and mamamama are his favorite these days. He was really entertaining himself blowing air between his lips today. I know that most moms get really frustrated with babies and toddlers...I have to say though, living without Clif these weeks has been hard, but it gives me an appreciation for Clay as a friend (yes a very tiny friend who is helpless and can't talk). We're always together & I'm so thankful to have his companionship...however whiny it may be. I'm not saying that I don't wish for a break, but I just am trying to find some good in our situation! This month has been good practice for Clif's next deployment and has let me know that I can do it! (That's always a good thing to know). I will be a better blogger now...I took a break. More Clay photos to follow in the next few days. I promise...well...I think I promise.
These photos are of Clay in his 4th of July pj's. He had a cute little festive outfit, but unfortunately, no photos of that! But, I managed some pj shots. These are him before bed...on the move and talking away.

2 comments:

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Happy 4th, Clay.
We love you - Jack and Josie

livinginthemidwest said...

Yeah! I'm so glad Clay slept there for you. I'm sorry I missed the great fireworks display. Thankfully I could see the fireworks at the beach from our lanai. J said that little E was scared of the noise and came home anyway. Kids are funny. Glad Clay slept through it all.