


Splish Splash...these words best describe Clay in ANY type of water...or you could say he's like a tiny water tornado. He LOVES the water. I guess all babies do, but of course since we are his parents...Clif & I see Olympic medals at the end of his water adventures. (You all know I'm kidding right?) I can barely swim to the end of the pool & back. Please excuse the nude photo at the top...I thought it showed Clay being a little bit selfish with this piggy he's holding, but of course, Clif saw a future Heisman winner. We took a temporary blog break, not on purpose, but mainly because people have been sleeping in the room with the computer. Tutu was here, then Clif got back (although he doesn't sleep in our spare room), then Julie & Jason New came for a visit. It was fun with all of our visitors here, Clay was loving it. Our family and the News drove out to Ko'Olina, a beautiful resort, & swam in their pools for a few hours. It is gorgeous & Clay loved the pool. He splished & splashed for about 3 hours, flashing smiles at all of the other pool people. Our days are much better now that Clif is home, although the last few have been rough. I always want something to blame the fussiness on...so for now I'm going to say that he's upset because a few weeks ago he bent a fingernail back (his first time to bleed...sniff, sniff) and it looks like it's about to fall off. So, in my head, I'll say that's the reason he's sad. (Even though, that's probably not even remotely true.) The only other news in Clay-Jack's world is he only wants to eat bananas & veggie puffs. I think his first word is going to be puff. He loves light switches (his fascination went away while visitors were here, but now that our home is boring again, the fascination is back). And he likes to crawl UNDER things like our tv cabinet & our rocking chair, but somehow can't get back out. I don't consider these his first words, but I'm 98.8% sure that knows that I'm "Ma-Ma" and Clif is "Da-Da" (although he says it more like..."Day-Day". Which we think is funny & keep encouraging it. I'll be sad for him on his first day of Kindergarten when he says "I love my Day-Day!" His teacher will say..."You love your what?"
Friday, July 28, 2006
SPLISH SPLASH
Posted by Clay at 10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, little splish-splash! You have the most precious smile and these pictures truly show your joy of being in the water. You are growing up so fast. Hope your finger gets well quickly and that you learn "reverse" when crawling into those tight places. We love you dearly and can't wait for October...seems like I am constantly wishing for time to pass quickly so I can see you again. Love, Tutu and "the guys"
I love the rolls. Baby Jude was sitting here with me and smiling away at Clay's smile. It's quite contagious!
I, too, love those legs! Can't wait to play with you in October, Clay-boy. You and JoJo will get into all sorts of trouble by then. Aunt Cara
Post a Comment