

I just have to ask...are you as amazed with these two loaves of bread as I am? OK...probably not. There is something about the kitchen that I love. I love appliances, spatulas, spoons, tea towels, pitchers, creamers, dishes in general, cookbooks...but most of all I love the fruit of the labor of cooking. I think the two things I've found that amaze me most are bread & yogurt. There is such a change from beginning to end. Yogurt amazes me because it's so easy...6 hours later, ta-da~ yogurt! These were my very first two loaves of bread, ever. I baked them today. I've had a hard week...lots of working (I told Clif I was working on Mama K speed, if you know Mama K...you know that means I didn't rest at all!) and did not have the best attitude. The house is clean & I wanted to take Friday off! But, I also wanted to make some wheat bread...so I started this morning & I'm so glad! It relaxes me to be in the kitchen with the things I love.
I kept thinking that in the end of my life I hope I turn out like these loaves of bread. I feel like most of my life I'm either being kneaded or I'm just sitting there "rising" waiting for what's going to happen next. This bread reminded me that "to all things there is a purpose". The kneading & rising are essential for the wonderful end product. (I'm hoping I end up more like strawberry bread instead of wheat bread...) (And, I'm hoping that someone understands what I'm trying to say here.)
Friday, July 28, 2006
ta-da!
Posted by Clay at 5:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Well,now this is impressive! I thought your meringue pies were something (and they are) but these really look good. What will you tackle next? Your labors of love for home, family, and motherhood are obviously providing you with experiences that continually allow you to evolve into an individual with much purpose. Wish I was there to taste the bread!
Wow I am impressed! I get in those baking moods too. It is so rewarding to make something. We'll have to get together for the holidays and bake goodies together sometime.
Those are extremely impressive!! I know how you feel about the bread and how hard it trying to have all the mommy duties done...but doesn't it feel good to look around arfter they are done??? Whitney
Well...everyone thanks for the bread compliments...it tasted ok. But I think it needs more sugar.
Erin- I will bake with you anytime!
Whit- Is Paxton still up till 9:30..wow...that's amazing!
Lauren- just realized no wedding photos yet...I'll get right on that...this afternoon. And send that recipe soon!
Selena-ummm...I wondered if anyone would understand what I meant by wanting to be strawberry bread...sweet, pink, loved by all...and a little bit pretty. :) (shallow, i know) Mam, told me she was fine with being whole wheat. I like that. And you are definitely banana bread!
hey, I just want to eat the bread.
I'm thinking this could be like the "random thoughts." Tell what kind of bread you want to be and explain why. I don't want to be "fruitcake" but I think that's what others might say that I am...oh, yeah, we were talking about bread...see, what can I say? I think I would like to be Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
tutu- you are a fruitcake
lhigp- eat up my si":st=er\kuy bujmn (that was clay) what i meant to say was eat up my sister! we'll bake some bread when we're together in october. :o)
now that i've been thinking about great harvest bread company...yum...makes a thanksgiving bread. maybe that's what i want to be. but i know one thing for sure...i don't want to be french bread...yuck...the french. (not to get too political)
Kathryn Kennedy - your randomness cracks me up and gives me a nice break from the normalcy of a day. I wish you lived somewhere between Cara and me so on a whim we could get together and laugh and scrap and whatever else we could come up with. Sigh. Maybe someday. :)
Post a Comment