Thursday, July 26, 2007

Seriously!






--A few shots of the house, Clay with swim goggles and the 4th of July--

It's just always something with me...if I'm not traveling all over the United States and moving across the Pacific...I'm losing my camera battery. Life's just never easy, I guess! Well - the camera battery has been found thank goodness! And since my last post, my mom has been here! Seriously, oh my goodness, she helped me out so much that I cannot even tell you how much I needed her here! It's hard to describe, because until you live in Hawaii, you cannot fully understand what it is like to live without storage! There are no attics, no basements...and most people do not have a garage...so everything just gets shoved into a closets and under the bed! Well...thank goodness for Virginia! Our new home has an attic, a huge basement and so much storage that it's almost crazy. I love it. After about a week and a half of unpacking box after box, my mother was completely welcome to come help me organize. As you probably know, I like to do things myself and rarely ask for help...but, this was a time that I realize...I needed a push to get things finished around here! Since marrying Clif, this is the first time that I've had a real laundry room...I think I like to do laundry now that I don't have to go outside to do it! (That always grossed me out.) AND every day my fingers have been itchy to come and blog...but it felt like a luxury that I just did not have time for (and the darn camera battery was missing). Today I've just been pleased with life. Which is always a good thing. Clay is a joy...for the most part. He makes us laugh so much and each day brings more communication...which is nice! Last night Clay ate dinner before Clif and I, but we were all sitting together at the table. Clay kept putting his chin on his chest and we thought this was funny. Then he grabbed mine and Clif's hand and we realized...he didn't want to eat because we had not prayed yet! Guess we won't be forgetting to pray now...we've got our own prayer police at the table.


5 comments:

Momathon said...

Love hearing the updates on you guys. As for the prayer police--kids are great for that! Glad to hear you're enjoying the benefits of mainland life.

livinginthemidwest said...

Wow, what a great house! And the yard with the hydrangeas...so beautiful. Can I come and visit? :o) Glad you found the camera battery. It looks like you all have settled in well. Just know you're missed here in Hawaii.

Anne said...

Yay!! Pictures! What a cute house! I'll bet it looks adorable with all your stuff.

Storage space? What in the world is that? ;-)

Amanda said...

Your house is so great! I love it!

The Schmidt Family said...

what a beautiful home! Congrats!