Duh...
Pride cometh before the fall - I just THOUGHT that I wouldn't get locked out again. I typed the previous post & then Clay & I went to work out. I locked the back door from the basement...knowing that there was a hidden key to let me in the kitchen upon my return. The little fact that escaped me was that Clif had put little hooks on our screen door (to the screened in porch that leads to the kitchen door) just last night, upon my request, of course. There was not just one little hook, but two, so that Clay cannot escape. Silly me...I came back from sweating in the Virginia fog & humidity ready for a glass of ice water...climbed the steps with the hidden key & then....was locked out again. Obviously, I'm in the house, it didn't take long to break in...but, I've discovered today that I'm "that girl". It's something that I have to laugh at & just accept. I'm the girl that falls into creeks at weddings (I am so grateful that Whitney has the best sense of humor & just laughed instead of having a meltdown at her idiot friend). The girl who trips on the basketball court when there is absolutely nothing to trip on. The girl who ran into the drum major's stand while doing back-handsprings at a football game. And now I'm the mother who gets locked out of her home...with her toddler inside! I'm laughing because "that girl" has grown into "that woman." Thanks dear friends for laughing AT and ALONG with me through the years. When you're a mess...you've just got to laugh or else you'd be crying all of the time!
Now, I'm wondering about all of you...have you discovered who you really are? I'd like to hear it!
Monday, July 30, 2007
That Girl
Posted by Clay at 7:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think the pregnancy thing can cause short term memory loss because I have never locked myself out of the house until I was pregnant...and then I locked myself out at least 3 times before we finally hid a key outside. So you're not alone. :o) Thankfully I had the landlord next door who let me in because I even left my phone inside and calling anyone to help wasn't possible either.
I agree with livinginparadise...part of it has to be pregnancy. I am a little scatter-brained on good days (as my SIL jokingly referred to in her comment on your first post). When I'm pregnant, I feel like a complete moron most days. You've got a lot on your mind. This stuff happens to everyone at one time or another. Besides, it's part of what makes you who you are :)
I am with the pregnancy thing. I lost my debit card 5 times during my second pregnancy. I think about the 2nd one, Rusty and Bank of America was ready to kill me. Seriously. I think everyone is "that girl." Some like you and I are the fun friend everyone gets their stories of entertainment from. I know for a fact that friends who have thought that I was organized who have spent more than a day with me realize that is not the case at all...I am just maintaining. Kat, we all love that you are "that girl".
Okay ... so I have to tell you ... I was in a wedding in June ... and I, along with all of the other bridesmaids were in a side room with the bride waiting for the wedding to start ... and the bride was getting really nervous, and one of the other bridesmaids said... " Hey, at least one of your bridesmaids didn't fall into a creek" HAHA ... I said .. you wouldn't be talking about Kat would you ??? Small world ... and it made the bride laugh :) Love ya Kat !!
Laci
Oh dear Laci - that is crazy.
Thanks for the encouragement Erin, Ginny and Whit. Now all I have to do is hold up 20 more weeks without any major disasters...yeah right.
Post a Comment