Well, would you believe it? I'm blowing the dust and brushing away the cobwebs from my computer right now! When I last blogged, our computer was being packed away...that was June 28! I didn't see my trusty companion again until last week...that would have been...July 6th.. & the internet guy just left hours ago, so we've finally rejoined civilization. Seriously, we did not have our worldly posessions for over two months. Honestly, it was not that bad.
Let me quickly catch you up to speed -
Texas was a glorious as always, with the exception of heat and mosquitoes! Yuck. Doc & Mam (Clif's parents) are incredible farmers and we ate the fruit of their labor every day, it was incredible! Clay played with his cousins and I got to spend time with their Mom, Cara - which was fun! We also had a great time at my parents home, playing in the water and swinging in the yard!
Then we flew into DC and spent awhile in a hotel. It was not that bad and Clay loved the "beish" -fish that were swimming in the ponds and he LOVED the pool!
Finally we moved into our home for the next few years. Let me just say God blessed our family with this find. If you've ever tried to find a place in DC that's affordable, with a yard and enough space for a family...you would know that it is a challenge. Our house is perfect and there is even enough room for the newest Kennedy that will be arriving in late December. Did you catch that? I'm expecting and we will be able to tell you if it's a boy or girl in just a few weeks! These days we are overwhelmed with God's provision and grace. I can't help but be happy...especially because Clay has turned a corner. After 8 months of terror...I can see my sweet boy again. We knew his attitude was just a stage...and I know that there will be more of them, but for now I am grateful to see a happy boy in my house! Maybe he thinks if he's bad we'll take away all of his toys and bed again for two months...just joking. He was really happy to see his things again.
So, my camera is in Clif's truck or I would post a few photos. I've missed blogging and emailing...so those photos will be up soon! Oh, I almost forgot other Kennedy news...Clif pinned on his Captain bars yesterday. He is no longer Lt. Kennedy...now he's Captain Kennedy!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Capital Kennedys
Posted by Clay at 10:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Congratulations Captain Clif and Two-Times-a-Mommy Kat! How exciting! My mom is in DC this weekend for the Women of Faith pre-conference on Friday. I so wish I was going! It would have been fun to maybe see you and some other sweet friends there. Enjoy your new house!
So glad to see a new post on your blog! Last night PalmPilot and I were at Mary Z's and I thought of you. We were wondering if y'all were settled in DC yet, so it's good to know you are.
Congrats to Clif! Hug that sweet Clay for us.
We miss y'all!
Congrats Kennedy family! What fun! Glad to know you're just a few hours away...now we have to make plans to see each other soon before our time (geographically)close together slips by :)
Congrats !! I heard the news from my mom a couple of weeks ago... who heard from my dad who heard from Doc at the clinic ... I guess one proud grandpa to the next ! That is so great and we are so happy for you !! Can't wait to see new pics !
Laci
Congrats to the Captain and Mrs. Kennedy on the expanding of the family!! Glad you are back blogging! You have been missed! We were gone so much while you were in Texas! I can't believe I did not get to see you! Looking forward to photos! love janie
Kat, we miss you! We are finally in MS, buying cars, trying to close on a house and trying to get this baby on some what of a schedule. At least twice a day I want to call/e-mail you or Cara to ask baby questions. I know Cara will think I'm nuts because I have never met her... but she seems to have the answers. :) Let me know your new e-mail or phone # please. I am trying to start a blog, hopefully I will post more than once. So happy for all of the good news in your lives. Malia
Congrats on the growing addition! Too funny - Little Kate and your little one will be about as close in age as Josie and Clay are! Are y'all planning this???? Glad you're settled and blogging again!
I missed your blogs. It is great to know someone is going through the whole 2 year old stage at the same time. Email pics of the home too, I always thought it might be fun to live in D.C. CONGRATS on the new Kennedy. Just so you know December babies add lots of fun to Christmas time, there is also some added stress too:) Congrats to Clif. Have fun in D.C.!
So great to see this post! what wodnerful news, all around. Congrats to the Captain. It will be great to hear about teh boy or girl joining your family! Hugs to Clay (and you two).
Email me with your mailing address when you can.
Miss you!
Hey Kennedy family,
Congrats on all the exciting news! I am so happy for ya'll. I wish we could have had a chance to visit with ya'll. Clay is so cute!!! Take care!
Nicole Ritz
hello to my sis.
I don't know if I can really have another baby without you around but I guess I will try. At least you are just a 4-hour plane trip away instead of 8.
malia, you can email me anytime at cara_joyce@hotmail.com but I have no answers. I just read a lot of books, try a lot of things, fail and sometimes succeed! Oh, and then there's all the prayer involved. I take no credit!
i miss my boy clay. and my capt. little bro. and my sis in love. I need your help decorating our new house. Can you come?
Yeah you're back. Glad to hear you all made it and are getting settled. I was on base the other day and drove by your house...so sad that you all aren't there anymore. Keep the posts coming. You'll have to post some picture updates of Clay and your cute pregnant belly. Congrats to Clif. Miss ya!
Well, I sure am slow to comment... number 14! I stalked your blog for weeks waiting for an update and when I was out of town... pop... there it was! I should have made it up to the big city while you were still in TX, but alas I did not. :( I am so excited about your new little one though and Clif's promotion! Three cheers for the Kennedy's!
Laura (Blakeney) Cosper
Congratulations - on everything! The new baby, new home, new promotion!
So glad to get an update. By the looks of all these comments, you were definitely missed! So sad we didn't get to catch up while we were in MD! Congrats on the home. baby, & captain!
its so good to hear you are all doing so well!!!! another baby, WOW that is so amazing. congrats! i can't wait to start seeing pictures of, what will undoubtedly be, another gorgeous child.
Post a Comment