Friday, August 17, 2007

Back to School

Yesterday Clay & I went to Office Depot. I am organizing my favorite room in our house (my super huge craft room) & I needed 3-ring binders for my "idea books" that I keep. As I strolled the aisles I was overcome with the memory of buying school supplies with my mom each year & I was taken back to a favorite time in my life. I love buying school supplies! When I got home yesterday & told Clif where we had been he said, "Ummm....you didn't buy a bunch of stuff we don't need did you?" Proudly I answered no...but it was a struggle. Erasers, pencils, notebooks, college-ruled paper, pens & all sorts of items that have improved in the years since I left school! I have friends that love school supplies because they are organizers...I don't think that's the case with me. I love them because they seem like an extension of art/craft supplies. I remember shopping for all of the items on the supply list and then going home and emptying the bag just to admire our purchases. Then, on the first day of school taking my paper sack full of construction paper, kleenex boxes, and everything else & loving those supplies! I did not appreciate the teachers that made us hand over all of our pencils & crayons so that they could be shared by everyone! Those were my crayons...chosen with care. I did not want some boy carelessly using them! So...this is just a random memory...but, it made me happy to think about it today!

3 comments:

Anne said...

School & office supplies make me happy, too. :-)

Momathon said...

Me too!

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

I loved eating the paste.

Will