Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Mosquitos

Other than being at the bottom of the food chain...can anyone tell me the purpose of these horrid creatures. Annoying, numerous & disease carrying are the only words I can use to describe them. And why aren't they as bad in Hawaii? These are the things I'm wondering this Wednesday morning as I prepare to lather Clay & I in our insect repellent...that isn't capable of fighting off the monsters that live in our back yard.

6 comments:

Malia said...

Kat, I am in the same boat as you... people have been telling me about some west nile disease or something like that. Fun! Not that being outside is my first priority in this heat, but Luke does love the porch swing! I don't think my name links to my blog, so the blog is: theblessingofchaos.blogspot.com I have enjoyed hearing of your adventures! You still make me laugh! Malia

livinginthemidwest said...

I read somewhere that putting a dryer sheet in your pocket keeps mosquitos away...never tried it but if it works it would be way better than having to put insect repellent on all the time.

Princess Ellie said...

that is so funny that you got a comment about the dryer sheet ... someone just told me last night that if you rub a dryer sheet on you it will keep the mosquitos off ... ??? ... Not to sure about that one ... But we are having BIG trouble with them here (san antonio) too ... when I say BIG ... I mean like the size of a small bird :) haha

Momathon said...

Honestly, I think no mosquitoes is simply fair trade for many of the offer hassles that come with living in Hawaii ;-) Can you imagine if we did have a mosquito problem? Year round!?!?!

Momathon said...

Oops. Should have proof read--I mean "other" problems, not "offer" problems.

Clay said...

Jeanne- I agree...if there were mosquitos in Hawaii they would be year round & the size of helicoptors. It makes me scared just to think! And...it is a trade off...it would be awful to have EVERY bug in Hawaii!