Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's a...

GIRL!
It's also a shock. Wow. Even when in the ultrasound room...I was pretty sure I saw evidence of a boy...but after a lengthy examination we're pretty sure it's a little girl that's in there kicking with all of that power. (She's alot stronger than her brother at this age.) So, I guess that means that I am going to have to switch my gears and start thinking girly - Clif and I are a little overwhelmed with the thought of a girl...I am not prepared for the teenage years, I can tell you that right now! It is incredible, because either way we feel so blessed. It was encouraging to see her squirming around & putting on a show. The only things I can think to say about her are that her feet look REALLY long and skinny & her profile is exactly like Clay's. (Although...don't most ultrasound photos look the same?) I guess I better start clipping coupons and saving money...because little baby girl clothes are going to be so tempting now!
I showed Clay the ultrasound picture and told him it was a baby...he said, "Ohhhhh....babies." Then ran off to destroy something. Maybe a girl will be just what we need around here!

22 comments:

Ashley said...

WHOOP!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM DREAMING IN PINK!! SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU, SHE IS A BLESSED LITTLE GIRL ALREADY! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!
OBVIOUSLY I AM A LITTLE EXCITED! LOVE YA, ASHLEY

Princess Ellie said...

Yeah !! Congrats ! I'm so excited for you !! Girls are so much fun ... so many cute clothes and hair bows :) .... Okay ... so the next question everybody is going to ask is .... Have y'all picked out any names ???

Laci

Anne said...

Yay!!! Just like the PalmKids -- boy first then a girl.

I'm bummed that you won't be around here for us to see her!

PalmGirl is dancing around here at the news. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Finally, I was just about to call Mam! I am so excited for you guys!!! We'll pass Gymboree coupons to you! So much fun!!!
love janie

The Cobbs said...

The Cobbs clan is super excited for you all! I'm nervous about the teenage years as well, but we'll have fun while it lasts:) Blessings!

Unknown said...

Congrats. You needed a girl!! Can't wait to see the room. Whitney

ginny said...

Girls are really so much fun! Congratulations to you, Clif and little Clay.

Aunt Sarah said...

So, excited for you all...Hope all is going well. Miss you all!!

Amanda said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

livinginthemidwest said...

Now you will have a little girl to sew with, shop with and bake with. How fun is that!! Hopefully one day the Wood household will be blessed with some girls...I'm a little outnumbered right now. :o)

Clay will be such a great, protective big brother.

I think I might be tempted too to buy girl clothes...and then send them to you. They are so much more fun to shop for. I look forward to hearing the name. Congratulations on your sweet little, active girl. :o)

Tutu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Schmidt Family said...

So happy for you girl! Now you have even balance in the family..you can't be outnumbered! Girls are the best! You'll have to watch out for that Ashley - she might buy an entire department store now...of pink!

The Ritz Family said...

Yeah!!!! Girls are so much fun!! All the shopping, playing with dolls, and playing dress up!!!! Decorating the room is going to be so much fun. PINK! PINK! PINK! I know Jose got a little twinkle in his eye when he found out we were having a girl and I'm sure Clif did to. There is something so special about daddy's little girl!!! I can't wait to see her!!! Take care,

Nicole

Lisa said...

Congratulations on a healthy baby girl! Since Jack and Clay are oldest of their siblings, it's good that the girls will now outnumber the boys. Hope you're feeling good - starting the home stretch!

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

I love her already.
Aunt Cara

Anonymous said...

oh wow that is so exciting. :) i'm very VERY happy for you guys!!!!

Momathon said...

Congratulations to your whole family. Having one of each flavor is lots of fun.

Michelle said...

SO exciting! She will be a great blessings and girls clothes are oh so fun!!! congrats Kennedy Fam!

Candace said...

Yay, congratulations!

We had a girl and then a boy three years later, and four years later another girl, so I have had to switch gears acouple of times now...you will get the hang of it.

Jan said...

check out my blog for "girl stuff" - they are such fun! Can't wait to see her

Becky said...

Yeah! Girls are the best. Okay, I'm biased (only because I have a daughter myself)! Your family is so blessed. Congrats.

Malia said...

Kat,Clif,and Clay, I just had to add my congratulations too! We are so excited for you. After the two girls, I was shocked to learn how much fun a boy could be. I'm sure you will enjoy her and she will surely win her Daddy's heart in no time. By the way, we are LOVING the couches, thank you!

Malia