If you are reading this...thanks for being a faithful follower of the blog! It's been too long...two months too long...since I last posted. So much has happened that I have felt overwhelmed and uninspired to write...but I think our snow storm finally inspired me!
Let me just begin by saying if your child has only ever lived in Hawaii....good luck with coats. Clay spent so much of his time only in diapers or with just t-shirts on when we were there...now clothes are a problem. So, it goes without saying that a snowsuit is a big deal to him. About a week ago I pulled out all of our winter/Christmas books. We've read Ezra Jack Keats book "The Snowy Day" at least twice a day, every day, since then...so Clay has been familiar with snow and I've really been building up the fact that Peter wears a snowsuit in the book. Yesterday, when we woke up there was about an inch of snow on the ground and it snowed all day. It was beautiful (and like Peter in the book I was delighted that the snow was still there this morning!). Clay had such a great time making "choo-choo tracks" in the snow and finding snow on all of his toys. Today he said, "Wet's (let's) go in the snow, wike (like) Peter! It's soooo cold!" I think by the end of the day it had snowed at least 3 inches and our yard really looked like a post card. It was so sparkly this morning, I just wanted to sit upstairs and drink tea and read a book. Too bad that didn't happen because someone wanted to go downstairs and play with his trucks. But, I did get to eat breakfast and look out the window, so that made me a little bit happy.
In the past few months...Clay has held up to his typical demeanor...going from angry to excited and sweet in a matter of seconds. He is so chatty and has a really big vocabulary...which is good...I can't imagine his volatile personality if he were frustrated about speaking! These days he is still loving trucks & trains...but his favorite thing is to pretend that he is a baby animal. At night we ask him what kind of baby he is and he says, "Baby sheep" or "Baby mouse" or "Baby birdie" and the newest one "Baby Lion!" He can pretend he is an animal all day long. His other character that he pretends to be is "Fireman." He wakes up and puts on his fireman boots and becomes "fireman". I guess his imagination is not a problem...along with his chatty tongue.
I'm feeling like I'm about to have a baby...because she's due in just about 2 weeks. Evy's room is ready to go...except for curtains because we are in a fabric crisis...but I know Tutu will find it soon! I had a doctor's appointment earlier this week and everything seems to be going fine.
You know it's been too long since you blogged when people are begging...and even you're hometown school Superintendent emails you to tell you to blog! So, I'll try to get a few more blogs in before Evy arrives!
15 comments:
Kat,
I do appreciate the blog update.
Clay looks like such a big boy, especially in the pic with his hair parted on the side.
What a joyous holiday for the Ropers and the Kennedys!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as "the birth day" approaches.
OK hometown supt - you made me laugh...didn't know if you wanted to be a "named character" in the blog. :)
Well, finally! :-)
Glad to hear you're well, and glad to see some pics of cutie-pie Clay!
That snow thing creeps me out, though. Yuck!
Can't believe you're about to have another baby!
We are so happy to hear that you are all enjoying your new adventure, snow and all! I can totally relate to the clothing issue... Sarah still refuses to put on the "appropriate" clothing and she gets so mad when she is cold. We only get down to about 50degrees, but for these Hawaii babies, that is cold enough! Enjoy these last few weeks with just one little one, they are precious moments. Love, Malia
Yea!! I love to keep up with you and your family! Thanks for the update. Clay's antics remind me of Rebekah as a toddler and she became a great young adult...hang in there! I'm hoping that you will post pic's of the nursery soon as Tutu showed me some of the fabrics and it is all so cute! Much love and Merry Christmas.
Melanie
It's so good to hear from you! I can't wait to "meet" Evy.
I'm glad you're back! I check your page almost every day to see if you've updated. I want to see a picture of your baby belly! Good luck with your coming baby. I hope it all goes great!
I'm so happy to hear that your doing so well ! Only two weeks to go ! yeah ! Can't wait to see pictures of her !
laci
Yeah! for snow and two year olds. I am glad that you are back to blogging world. I am with Ashley we want prego pics and Evy room pics...we know the room is precious. Good Luck with pregnancy.
It's pretty fun:) to do Christmas and birthdays. We have the BIG ONE this weekend...girls are hard to shop for now and especially coming up with b-day/ and Christmas gifts. Whitney
Praise the Lord! J/K!! Clay looks adorable and glad he is liking the sleeves better! Cannot wait to see Miss Evy!!!!!!! I am coming to see you in the Spring! (Or whenever b/c I just have to hold her) Love ya and take care of yourself. Tell Clay Jack I miss him too!
Good to "hear" from you!
Wow, snow! It was 82 here today! But, you know how it is here in TX...might be snowing tomorrow :)
Can't wait to see pictures of Miss Evy and hear how Clay takes to her.
Beach to snow... poor kid! What an adjustment. Hope the next 2 weeks go smoothly for you. And thanks to Rhoda for her motivation *wink* :)
~Laura
Yay!! I am so glad to see a recent picture of Clay! Hope everything is going well! Miss you guys! I have a gift headed your way!
I'm going to echo the request for belly pics and room pics :-) you are going to love having a girl! I can only imagine how gorgeous she'll be. Glad to know you didn't fall off the face of the earth, I was starting to wonder if you delivered early and I just hadn't gotten the news yet!
i LOVE that picture of Clay in his snow suit. the face is priceless. what an amazing experience as a little man growing up to get to experience living in hawaii and then snow!!! we just have heat and ice in texas. haha.
glad you're doing well, can't WAIT to see pictures of your little lady.
lauren
Post a Comment