Here they are...my two besties...(Clif is obviously my real bestie, but these two run a close second). These days Clif and I have been calling our children by their number - Clay is #1 and Evy is #2.
#1 is the most exciting person I have ever met. He greets each day with passion - that passion might be jubilation or it may be anger...but either way there is passion. His room is RIGHT NEXT to ours so I hear, "Where are you, Mama Reindeer?" every morning. I'm not sure why everything is an animal or fireman in his brain, but either way it's pretty funny. He is quirky, smart, super cute & even sweet sometimes. It is hard to believe I've only known him 2 1/2 years, it feels like there was never life without him.
#2 has been a breath of fresh air to our home. She's seems content to be held tightly, loves her swing & smiles all of the time...even at 5 am when you just want her to go back to sleep! She spits up then smiles, she takes a bath and smiles, she smiles in her sleep and smiles while she eats. It's hard to get the smile on camera because most of the time she is watching all of the action with this serious look on her face. I am hoping for her sake that she will be content to be the audience in the on-going Clay-Jack performance. If she starts to compete for the spotlight there could be some extra drama around here!
This weekend while Tutu was here I got my hair chopped off. After a few years of long hair, it was time. I miss my ponytail already, but I like it short.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
My Two Besties -
Posted by Clay at 8:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am LOVING the haircut! You're inspiring me...slowly. And of course I love your besties. I hope you're feeling more "normal" these days. I think Rachel was about 3 months old before I felt like I had rejoined the earth's rotation. You know what I mean.
Great to see you, sis in love.
Oh my goodness, I wanted to cry when I saw Evy. She is so grown up. It's just not fair that I haven't met that sweet girl.
Will wants to know if you colored your hair as well? He doesn't remember you being such a brunette.
Davis 1,2, and 3 miss the Kennedy 1 and 2.
Kat, you look great! I am glad that you got to go get a hair cut while tutu was down, it just feels so nice to get out and do something for yourself. Clay and Evy look so cute. I think of you often. Thanks for sharing about your "besties". I hope I will get to meet Miss Evy soon. Maybe one day her and Riley can meet as well!
-Rebekah
Will- I did not color my hair...both times that I've been pregnant my hair gets REALLY dark. It's probably extra dark because it's so cold up here that we never see the sun or leave the basement! AND- another fun twist to my hormonal hair change is that it's kind of curly in back. I don't like that...I want my perfectly straight hair back. -K
oh my goodness - she is so cute!
Your hair looks precious, and you look great!
you look amazing and your kids...i just can't believe how beautiful they are. :)
Post a Comment