Thursday, May 15, 2008



I really don't like when I do this...I travel, recoup from travel, etc....and then so many things have happened that I cannot possibly blog about them all! Sooo....I'll make a really long story as short as possible. We went to Texas & it was great! We were able to visit with family & friends and I was so thankful for time with everyone. Clay got to play with his cousins J&J. Evy got to meet her girl bestie, Kate, and her boy bestie, Judd. We visited with some of both mine and Clif's extended families. AND even fit in a few trips to Sonic...seriously I miss vanilla Dr. Pepper's like you wouldn't believe. At the end of the month we could be moving....next door. Really, literally...right next door. Shortest move ever? We're apprehensive & excited as most people buying a house usually are, I guess. And that pretty much brings us to the present. That was a really short story coming from me!
Tomorrow Evy turns 5 months old...so I'll fill you in on her then. But, for now I'll just tell you about Clay. The day before we left for Texas he was running a pretty high fever, with no source of infection....so the Dr. decided to do a catheter (sp?). Yuck. That made for a rough day of travel. I won't go in to details....Anyway, he healed and everything was fine. It was a mystery...but he's perfectly healthy now! He's a serious pretender these days. He loves to be a cowboy, a farmer, a "worker man" (builder/construction worker), a "puffer man" (train engineer), a birdie, and baby sheep, a firefighter....those are just a few of his characters. And his cousins taught him that if you sing a song...people will clap...so thanks Jack for teaching Clay about performing! He's still in to shapes. When we were home Doc said, "You are a geometric genius!" And Clay said, "I am not a genus...I a good boy!" The jury is still out on whether he's a good boy...(just kidding). A few days ago I was reading to Clay before his nap and he looked up at me, held my chin with his chubby little hand & said, "Don't worry Mommy, I love you." So...that's a memory I'll have to tuck away and remember as he spins around our house like a tornado...inside of him there is a sweetie...and God is definitely still working on him.

6 comments:

The Ritz Family said...

Hey Kat,
It was so nice to see all of ya'll!!! Can't wait until ya'll next trip down!!! You have some very cute kids with great personalities!!!! Take care!!!

rick and sharyn mc said...

Kat,
All I have to say is that you are one AMAZING woman!!! We took Connor on his first flight this past Sunday to California...one child with 3 adults...I read your blog that you took your 4 month old and 2 year old by YOURSELF...again...AMAZING!!!
I am glad to hear you had a great time with family! It is hard to be so far away from loved ones. We too cherish the time we are able to spend with our family.
~Sharyn

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Aunt Cara needs a close-up of CJ's big boy haircut! I miss that worker man and his crazy antics already. Wish the kids and I could make the road trip with Doc and Mam next week....

Laura said...

Yeah... you're back (blogging). I've missed seeing your kids & their sweet smiles. I know you enjoyed your time in TX! Good luck with the house-next-door.
Laura

Momathon said...

Wow, you've been busy. Glad that Clay is better, and your trip went well. It's great to see pictures of hte kids--they are of course adorable. The kids and I will be in your neck of the woods in about a week or so. I'd love to see you and Kathleen if you can make the time.

Otter Family said...

Why in the world are you blogging at 6:05 in the a.m. I can't even think that early!!! It was great seeing you again. I can't believe we have all of these kids running around now. Time flies!!!