


Tonight I am alone (Fantasy Football draft is tonight...) and I found some pictures that I have not seen in years. They are all pre-Clay. Our lives have dramatically changed in the past 4 years. Through it all I have been incredibly blessed to share my time with Clif. Honestly, sometimes I cannot believe that God took care of us in this way...we have no pasts with other people...just each other. When I moved to Clifton in 7th grade, Clif was an 8th grader...and very cute. I really did have a crush on him from the beginning. He says that 8th graders never like 7th graders...but, I say he should have paid attention so many years ago. Anyway, we never really spoke, just on that nervous junior high level...I'm not sure that he was nervous, but I was! Then, when I tried out for cheerleader...I asked his older sister, another incredible blessing from early in life, to help me with my try-out. (Seriously, who meets their best friends and husband in junior high?) From that time on, Cara and I were friends. She likes to say that I was hers first...I agree. So fast forward a few years...I still liked him, but then my freshman year of high school he liked me...I decided that I would ignore him for awhile. Although, it seemed like a good idea at the time, I'm not sure why I did that. Then, finally...the next year we went on a double date with some friends and have been together since then. We grew up together, have been through the toughest times in our lives together, and through it all remained the best of friends. He is every one's hero, a man of character that all of his friends admire, and a man that always leads others. These days, Clay desires to be just like his Dad and I could not be more proud to have my son emulate Clif. He takes care of our family, he never complains about playing with the kids, or does not have to be asked to clean out the dishwasher or give the kids baths. I would say I'm lucky, but I know God had this planned from the beginning. Now, I am just thankful for these years that we have had and I cannot believe that we have a third child. Sometimes when I look at him I still see a boy in a football jersey asking me on a date by the water fountain.
6 comments:
Incredible love story and a blessing from the lord! I love you friend and miss you alot!
Ashley
How special to have that kind of history together.
Thankful to be a part of your story. Love you.
My husband was drafting last night too! You were much more productive with your alone time than I was, though. Miss you guys!
love this kat! my favorite picture you put up was from july 4th '03...ya'll trying to be serious. cracks me up friend! love you guys :)
So sweet Kat! You guys are both deserving of each other. It is so interesting to see how the Lord's plan comes together! - Alana
Post a Comment