Friday, January 20, 2006

Good to be Home!






First of all, thanks to all of our friends and family for the sweet messages in response to Clif's homecoming. It has been fun to read all of your comments.
We have had a great week adjusting to our new family structure and Clif and Clay getting to know one another. We've been on walks, shopping, to the beach and just have had fun spending time at home. When your family has been separated, it makes you thankful for small things like eating breakfast together!
I may be going out on a limb here...but I think Clif is really glad to be back home. (Although, the time difference is really hard to get adjusted.) But, that's fine with me because Clay likes to wake up super early anyway...so those two boys can hang out and I can sleep! I think when you've been sleeping on a cot or the ground for 7 1/2 months it's nice to sleep in a bed that's soft with sheets!
These are a few photos from our first week together as a family. I was telling Cara the other day how excited I am when we are in the car together...all three of us! I feel like a real family. We are glad Clif is home!

5 comments:

Jan said...

I just can't help myself! My mom shared this link with me and I absolutely LOVE the 2nd picture with Clay smiling at Clif!!!! I can't imagine how it must feel for Clif to come home to a son who beams at him like that!!

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Kat, your boys are looking good. Looks like you are really enjoying your days together as a family. We love you guys.
Davis four

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Clay-boy is looking so big! I guess being with Dad has motivated him! Can't wait to see you three.

Jarmaster said...

Kat,

Janie Greene forwarded me your link. This is the first I've seen of Clayton Jack, and he is the future of studliness.

Very happy to hear Clif is back safe and sound. Your mother has kept me up to date every few months or so.

Make sure to send in the cereal pic to a magazine or newspaper when father's day rolls around.

God bless you guys.
Chris P. Jones
chris@masonjarproductions.com

The Schmidt Family said...

Hey Kat! It's Melissa (Roberson) Schmidt! Lil' Clayton is so precious, and I so happy for you that Cliff is home! My lil sis is all grown up! Miss ya!