Sunday, January 15, 2006

Kennedy 3!



What a sweet moment! Last night Clay and I ventured out at midnight...it was wild. As soon as we pulled up to Hangar 5 we saw a good friend of ours that came home on an earlier flight, so it was good to have a friend to talk to as we waited. The flight was a little bit delayed, so the anticipation of all the families waiting kept building for several hours. Clay woke up around 1 am...and never went back to sleep...I think it could have been from the bright lights, the hum of excited families...and oh yeah, the band playing patriotic songs...LOUDLY. A little before 2 we got the word that the plane was 5 minutes out and everyone got really excited. I was filled with emotions that I can't even describe. (I joked with a friend standing nearby that I thought I might cry...and I only cry twice a year!) Finally the plane pulled right up to the hangar and the doors opened...a scream of excitement went through the crowd of anxious women. (I was just thinking, stop screaming, I've got a baby over here) It was so nice to see those Marines step off of that plane. Clif says there were about 300 on board. They walked down the stairs, through a line of Marines and Clif and I spotted each other immediately. That moment was a memory that neither one of us will ever forget. We are both humbled to "serve a cause greater than ourselves" and we are thankful for our great nation.

8 comments:

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Sweet! What a great looking family! We just happened to check and we were pumped to see the photos. Everyone looks super - so happy together? (like the song) We love you!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for ya'll! I can't even imagine the feelings that you are experiencing..although I caught a small glimpse with Jenni Major. ENJOY every moment. And our family appreciates your family serving a bigger cause too!!!

Planning Committee said...

Out of a whim, I thought I'd check and see if there was something and there y'all are! What a wonderful sight! Welcome home, Clif...you look great! How exciting! Love to all three of you..can't wait 'til we talk...love from mom and dad

New said...

Welcome Home Clif! We are so excited for you and your family. You guys look great! Clif, we are thankful for you and your family. Thanks for protecting us and allowing us to live our daily lives.
Kat you have been a trooper. We love you guys! We can't wait to hear from you.
Jason and Julie

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

We pray you three have a great day together! We are enjoying our day off by reading all of your comments. It's a blog-fest!
We too share in the sentiment...Clif, we are so proud of you and thank God for your sacrifice and for bringing you home safe to your family. Kat, you are a great wife and mom and we admire you for how strong and patient you have been through the separation.
Baby Clay, we miss you boy and we know you are having fun catching up with your daddy.
Love you all very much,
Uncle Will

Unknown said...

The Kennedys are an official trio!!! Clif, I'm so glad that you are home safe and sound and able to get to know that precious boy in person. He's heard so much about his dad. Kat, I'm so impressed (and so thankful) that you already have these pictures up. You guys look so happy to be together. We miss you and pray for you often. Welcome home.

Bonny said...

We are thrilled that you are all together at last! You are so dear to us and we hope to see your sweet family soon.

Love,

David, Bonny and Benjamin Hicks

KatieKate said...

Welcome home, Clif...
and congratulations on finally having the whole family home again.
(My profile at http:ckmulder.blogspot.com won't tell you, but this is Katie Sebeck [now Mulder]- Danny Sebeck's sister from A&M).

Clay is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.