...there'd be days like this.
OK- so, books have been written about it and every military wife knows about it...but, my question is...WHY DOES IT HAPPEN? Why, the week that your husband leaves the country, does everything go crazy? I've had a strange calm this week waiting for the bottom to drop out & today was the day. It only took 3 days of Clif being out of our house for the junk of life to settle over our home. Last night (I was feeling very much like my sister-in-law...I was organizing & admiring her for her skills!). Anyway, I sat down to create a list of things to do for Thursday. I wrote out things that Clay and I would do, to the minute. I knew it would be a good day! I was so proud of myself...I did everything on the list at the correct time, I cleaned, worked out, had a quiet time, took a nap...what an awesome day, right? Wrong. It may seem like a small thing, but while making the quick trip to the Commissary (grocery store for all of you normal people out there who don't live on military bases) I took everything I needed for a successful trip, I even remembered the sippy cup, which I often forget by the door or in the car. It was a disposable sippy cup & Clay was loving his water & singing happily & loudly as we cruised the aisles. The last aisle in our store is the bread section...I was looking at all of the millions of bread types (it is ridiculous how many there are) & all of the sudden this big splash of water hit my legs. Those darn disposable sippy cups. Clay was holding the top between his four teeth, the bottom was on the floor along with all of the water that it had been holding 2 seconds earlier...or so I thought. But, this was a small thing, so I laughed, put the cup in my purse, found the correct bread & hurried to the check out. On the way out to the car, my shirt felt wet & I realized that the darn cup was leaking again. So I took it out, put Clay in the car, tipped the bagger (another weird military grocery store thing...baggers only work for tips...where I come from that would be weird!), got in the truck and drove home. When I got home I needed to make a phone call. That darn sippy cup...it ruined my phone! We don't have a land line, only cell phones, so it was a pretty big deal...it's the only way to communicate with the outside world...and ny husband! I tried not to get mad, but I was a little ticked, after lunch I felt better though. So...I had to go to the place to get a new phone, Clay & I walked there & we had a nice time.
Tomorrow's trash day, so I decided to clean out the fridge. There were several things that needed to be thrown out...nothing strange or gross...but, I just chunked them in the sink, ran the disposal...and all of those things, plus some stuff I don't recognize came back up the other side! GROSS. So, there's gross stuff in my kitchen sink. Being the kind of girl that I am, I think I can fix anything, so I looked it up online...how to unclog a kitchen sink...I tried the plunger before reading...it recommended that, but it didn't work. So...apparently I need a tool that I don't have & there's a sleeping baby that won't allow me to go and get the tool that I need. Darn. So, I'll call the fix it guys to come and fix my sink tomorrow, I guess. (I hate not being able to do it myself.)
So...
1. my cell phone was drowned by a sippy cup
2. my sink threw up (I know that's is really gross, but it's true) just be glad I didn't take a picture & post that
The moral of my story...husbands should never leave home. :o)
ps...I know none of this is THAT big of a deal, but it's a fact...stuff that never goes wrong, goes wrong the week your husband deploys...oh yeah, Clay's cutting some teeth...sweet.
Friday, September 15, 2006
Mama said...
Posted by Clay at 1:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, there are days like that! It appears you took charge (like you always do) and one more time made the most of a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day." I love it when you write...you are so descriptive...I see it and feel your pain. (Remember Lancaster...the flood...no dad?) "We are women, hear us roar." I hope your day, today, is the best it can possibly be under your circumstances. Look forward to more stories but maybe with less excitement. Love you.
How strange....this very thing happened to me in Target the other day....the spill anyway. Josie launched the disposable cup and it busted on me...down the bare legs, all over the floor. I stayed cool and kept walking. No one seemed to hear my flip flop as it slipped and squished full of water. Nice. Sorry about the phone. Josie might have the record here though: 3 cell phones and one usb cord, ruined with slobber. Do you have new digits?
Oh girl, what a day! At least you can think the next day couldn't possibly be as bad as this one.
Post a Comment