Thursday, September 28, 2006

Deployment Visitors - Group #1



















This deployment has officially begun...we've had guests! Clay & I are blessed to have family that will give up their time and visit us (I know what you're thinking, "rough sacrifice, visiting Hawaii..."). But it is a sacrifice to give up your time, and it is a financial sacrifice (Hawaii isn't cheap!) and we appreciate it. So thanks to Joyce & Mam for being deployment Visitors- Group 1.
I have not blogged in awhile...maybe I was sad, I don't know, but I needed a blogger break, hopefully I'm back! This past week with our family, was time well spent. We had good company, despite the fact that Clay & I both had a pretty serious cold & then gave it to Aunt Joyce (sorry Joyce!). And we accomplished a lot of tasks. I cleaned out a few closets because there was actually someone to watch Clay, went on a few walks without Clay, made a farmer's market run, painted my carport turquoise (which was a step up from the gross base housing color) & Clay had 3 women to play with him and attend to his every need. Both women brought gifts & we always appreciate that, thanks to Joyce, Clay will be well dressed & thanks to Mam, Clay has a loud piano toy now...which he loves!
There are always signs that our family is in the middle of a deployment, 1) we have lots of visitors 2) our grass is long (as seen in the naked baby photo) 3) our home experiences at least one room which is totally made over (carport this time) Sooo...I'm feeling like I've broken my own record, all three of these things were accomplished in just two weeks. Now, what will I do with all of my time for the remaining 6 1/2 months?
Oh yeah - other major Clay news...we cut off his "long flowing locks". Really, there was just a few stragglers that can only be described as a mullet. So, with some help holding my wild child still, I was able to cut those off. He looks much better.
Last thing--we have a mouse. Isn't that cool? Another sign that there is a deployment...things that you CANNOT take care of on your own occur. See the previous post for other things...like sinks backing up...but seriously, a mouse? And this is no ordinary mouse, he doesn't eat food in the kitchen or crawl into the trap that has peanut butter. He just scurries around in the space above my shower & runs in the living room so I can see him. So, that's great. I'll remain calm & try to capture my little rodent. Gross.

3 comments:

Planning Committee said...

Yea, you're back! I was having blog withdrawal. Coming to see y'all is no sacrifice...having you so far away and having Clif away from you is a sacrifice.

"Deployment Visitors - Group #2" are ready to be there. We look forward to being with you and Clay. I can't wait to hear a concert by Clay on his new piano. His birthday present will go right along with that.

Take care and I hope you catch the mouse before next week. Love, Mom

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Looking good, Kennedys. I can't wait to see the carport live - in October! Can't believe that little boy is almost 1. He has brought so much joy to our family. Love you three....two in Kailua and one in uniform.
Aunt Cara

livinginthemidwest said...

I can't wait to see the carport. It sounds very cheery. Let me know when you have a space in your company...I would love to get together for lunch and have our boys play together.

~erin