A few posts ago I was kind of complaining about Hawaii...you can all roll your eyes....now. Anyway, I was complaining, but today I had to smile...the military can be a hard life, but it has many joys. Not many other people live in a gated, by gated I mean, that there are gates all around the base & Marines stand at them with weapons, anyway, not many people get to live in gated communities with friends who are in the exact same stage in life. Mondays are a nice time to chat with wives & watch our children play at this great playground. Of course the other children play near their mothers...my child climbs the tallest stairs, walks across a bridge meant for 10 year olds & goes down the tallest slides, alone. He's brave. Speaking of Clay, I also commented a few posts ago on Clay's humorous personality. I said that he was probably more funny than other children his age...I feel that I need to clarify. Girls, did you ever know that one boy in high school that was a real pain in the neck? He could be so mean...but then flash that charming smile your way and you found it in your heart to forgive him? Well...it seems that unless I do some extreme parenting, Clay will grow up to be that teenager. He already knows the value of a cute smile & a funny post-bath naked dance (makes me laugh just thinking about it). He's funny & a charmer, but has an adult size attitude to go along with it...I was not implying that your child is not funny...I was trying to make myself feel better! (I've been feeling guilty, thinking that there's probably someone reading this with a really funny toddler that wants to have a "funny challenge" with Clay.)
While reading a friend's blog this week, I laughed because she wrote about checking her posts for mistakes before publishing them...I have never told readers that I was sorry for my writing style...but as soon as the words hit my brain, I type them...I guess since I rarely talk to any of you, I want you to get the full Kat-ness of the blog...it will take me forever to get to my point & there will be waaaay too many details, but in the end...I hope it's entertaining.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Monday, Monday
Posted by Clay at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
He is a charmer with that big smile! I can only imagine the teenage years, look out b/c he is already so cute! I love your blogs and long spills, it wouldn't be Kat any other way! I miss you friend and glad that you and Clay have so much fun together! Take care! Love ya, Ashley
It sounds like life with Clay is very exciting and will stay that way! You've got the class clown...I think I may have the biggest flirt.
Clay really looks to be in his element in these pics. These last 2 sets of pictures certainly reveal how Clay loves life to its fullest. His captivating smile makes me smile. Your detailed writings, though, make me laugh. Like we've said, it's like having you right here talking to us and giving us "every" detail. The two of you obviously make the most of each day and are a gift to each other during this time in your lives. It's a gift that you and other mothers are giving your children by journaling these events. And, it goes without saying it is a gift to all of us readers to be able to take part in your everyday happenings.
His adventuresome-ness (is that a word?) reminds me of Ethan. I still remember taking Ethan to the McDonalds playland at 13 months and he climbed all the way to the top..and being a worried parent who couldn't see where he had gone climbed in after him..all the way to the top. And of course he's at the top just having a blast and was laughing at all the children that came by.
Jack and Josie look at your picture every day, Clay. We want to play with you again.
You look like you're having so much fun - and you even look good in orange! That must be a Roper trait.
Love you, little boy!
Aunt Cara
I'm going to say what no mother wants to hear...Clay is really not looking like a baby anymore! He is precious and I think he and Libby could have some adventures together. She played as you described when we went to the playground today. Kat, stay strong and stay busy. I know, know, know it is so hard when your husband is gone. One day I hope you'll look back on these times and realize you wouldn't change a thing. I do...I am so grateful for the time I had "on my own"...of course, hindsight is always 20/20. All 3 of you are in my prayers.
Aunt Cara-- I knew better than to dress my child in orange...and then...I actually put it on the blog! The Aggie generations before Clay-Jack are irritated with me! Well, I knew it matched the playground...and his Tutu should know better than to send orange outfits. Hopefully when he's President of A&M or a yellboy these photos won't get out...
Ginny- thanks for the encouragement. In this time apart from Clif, I feel that I am given opportunities to grow that I would not be afforded if he had a "normal" job. So, you're right...I'm thankful in a way...but I am also thankful for the fact that this "opportunity" is juuuuuust about over. I am seriously thinking that we should all meet up in Texas one day...& eat Blue Bell & Mexican food.
Love hearing what is going on sister! Clay looks so great and happy! signs of a wonderful mother... even is he is a bit of a charmer... when he is ready to run for President I am there! ;) Miss you sister!
My sweet friend and sweet LBTC, he is so stinkin cute! I love these pictures cause you can really see how B-A-D and funny your little guy is. Hope everything is going well. Love you tons and think of you often! Andi
Heard the great news this weekend! lots of hollarin and excitment in the Okaton House! So pupmped sister!!!! WHOOP!
Post a Comment