Friday, February 02, 2007

Sunny Days...






Since arriving back in Hawaii our days have been spent mostly outside...we wake up, eat breakfast, go for a run, play outside, eat lunch, take a nap, play outside, snack, play outside, dinner, bath, night-night! With the exception of the crazy windstorm we had this week (there were 69 mph wind gusts on Oahu!) we have enjoyed this tropical place so much! Now that Clay can walk, we love walking down the sidewalk to look at the ocean & stop at the playgrounds along the way. When I am walking alone, I can get to the beach in five minutes...max. When Clay is joining me and walking beside me, this short walk becomes a 20-30 minute marathon. This is our typical conversation...."Come Clay" "Don't put that in your mouth Clay" "Seriously...come on!" "Do you like that plane?" "COME ON CLAY!" "Did you find a rock?" "Don't put that in your mouth" "COME!" "Stop putting that dirt in your mouth!" (you get the picture?) We are becoming fast friends with the Postal Lady & all of the other people that drive cool trucks. He loves to watch the planes take off...we live on an air station and the planes are VERY close! It is a wonderful place to be with a child...now if that husband of mine would just get back here...it would be just about perfect!

7 comments:

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Clay, you look so big!
You have grown up....these are the first vertical pics I have seen of the boy. Amazing! So glad you're enjoying your sunny days. Wish the LHIGP could join you because the winter weather is getting depressing.
Have fun together - are we counting days yet until Clif returns?

HaliFaye said...

I wish that I could walk to the beach in 30 min. It was so great getting to see you over the break, Clay is a funny little guy. Can't wait to see you agian. Love yall!!!

livinginthemidwest said...

What is it with rocks? Jude loves to chew on them too. He won't eat a piece of cooked carrot but he will chew on a rock. Crazy kids!

Michelle said...

Glad you are back blogging Clay looks great!

ginny said...

What a cutie! Sure would like to meet him one day!

KatieKate said...

I'll agree with Cara and say that winter weather is getting depressing... but I think I have her beat up here in Michigan :)

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

I need to see some new pics of my nephew, please. I bet he is growing like a weed.
I miss you three.
Aunt Cara