Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dining Out

A night out...fun...in theory. Of course, one of the few times we go out, it's mandatory & every Officer in the Battalion is waiting on us to arrive because we are stuck in Waikiki traffic. Oh...the joy of it all! This week 2/3 had a function called a Dining Out. There is all sorts of tradition involved & I had to keep from laughing several times at some of the things that have to be said. But, it is special to be a part of the Marine Corps and celebrate our history. A Dining Out is a time for the Marines to come together as brothers to celebrate, but also to remember those brothers that died in Iraq and to honor their lives. I wish that I could recount for you all of the things that happened, because I think you'd be entertained...but it was a four hour event full of talking and so I cannot remember everything! It was our last function with the Second Battalion, Third Marines - 2/3 will always represent a both special and difficult time in my life when I reflect upon it in later years. It has been fun!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Kat & Clif--
As I have been reflecting this morning during and after church and praising God for all that He has blessed this country with, I can't help but think of all the faithful families who are serving right now. THANK YOU!!! Those words don't do justice for the gratitude in my heart for what you all are doing!
May God Bless You!! kelly

Lisa said...

So, little miss Kat, where did you get that necklace? I NEED that necklace!

livinginthemidwest said...

Oh Kat! I hope you don't leave before I get back. I will be back the night of May 31st. I want to say good-bye before you leave. I'm so sad :o(

Clay said...

Kelly- thank you for your faithful support & thankfulness!
Lisa- my friend out here...she let me borrow it. Her best friend (who lives in DC) is a jewelry designer...I will meet her soon & look into it for you!
Erin- I KNOW! It would be totally wrong to leave without hugging you first. Hope your visit at home is going well!

Ashley said...

LOVE THE DRESS!! Great pick and the jewelry is perfect! Thanks to your sweet family for all your sacrifices. You are in my prayers with the move! Love ya! Ashley