Wednesday, May 23, 2007

half pint

UPDATE:
We went to the doctor tonight & Clay has gained a pound and a half this month. This is BIG news...now we don't have to go through testing and lab work! I made sure to dress him in his heaviest clothes for the weigh-in. :o) So...now he's about the size of the average....14 month old. Just kidding. He's still a peanut, but we're grateful that he's finally putting on the L-B's again. I was thinking about Clay and got a little bit jealous...he gets to drink a strawberry Pediasure everyday. Is it wrong that I want to drink my child's nutritional supplement? If Pediasure didn't have 237 calories, I'd probably drink them with Clay. Other reasons I'm jealous -- he's tan, got great eyelashes, curly blonde hair...and he obviously has a problem gaining weight! If only I had all of these things...then, you'd all be jealous of me. :o) The only downer of the day is that Clay also has the first fever of his life. How he made it 19 months without ever getting sick, I'm not sure. But, I'm glad this is the first time. Tonight we did go out to eat after the appointment because we were far from home and it was dinner time...but, of course...Clay didn't eat a bite.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

How he made it 19 months without ever getting sick, I'm not sure.

I would be jealous of you but you so, so, so deserve it!

I'm dying to ask but don't want to look like an idiot...have y'all run into the Bachelor?

Clay said...

No we have not run into the Bachelor...but some good friends of ours actually run around in the same circle as him. It's pretty funny. They say he really is a nice guy...just a little awkward...as if that was not obvious.

Tutu said...

Yeah! That's great news. He may be a peanut but he's our peanut. He looks to be the picture of health and always has.... Only 9 more "sleeps" and our Kailua Kennedys will be back home. It will be so good to see you all together again. We are anxiously waiting. Thank you for getting at least one more blog in before you leave. Love, Clay's Tutu

Ashley said...

He is perfect! WHOOP that you are about to be on the mainland! Praise the Lord! Hope the move goes smoothly! Love, Ashley

Princess Ellie said...

Clay looks healthy to me ... He is a cutie ! I enjoy seeing the new pictures of him ... Good luck on your move !

The kings

LJ said...

Wow, I can't belive how quickly June 1 will be here. Although I am glad that you will be closer (and the chances of us bumping into eachother are slightly higher), I will miss all the beautiful flowers and beach shots you had to offer those of us here in dry TX! Hawaii will always be a special place for your sweet little family, but TX will always be home!!! I hope your move goes smoothly. -LJ Blakeney Cosper

Three Fold Cord said...

Hey!
I am a mom of two in GA and I found your blog through Baby Bangs. My son is fourteen months as well and I have to give him a pediasure every morning too! We went for a check up last month and the Dr. calls him P-nut. He still can wear some of his 6-12 month clothes. Anyway, have a great day and know you are not alone in loving on a strong and tiny beautiful boy.
Charlotte

Jan said...

We have begun to get mildly concerned about Evy not gaining weight - she's stuck at 17 pounds and there are now kids months younger than she is that are up to 20 pounds! SHe's just not a big eater, its not that she's picky or anything. Anyway, I'm trying to come up with some high calorie foods that are also healthy - i think she's too young for pediasure (only 8 1/2 months). Anyway, hope you guys had a safe trip to the states and can't wait to hear all the new stories of your new home!