Last night was my first night alone in our house...it went ok. Usually, I'm so tough in those situations, but given the events of the previous week (neighborhood burglaries) I was a little bit edgy! Clay & I had a great day, enjoying the awesome weather. Seriously, it was 63 degrees yesterday afternoon and we were wearing pants and long sleeves. This is a big change for a girl who has spent the past 3 years on the beaches of Hawaii! (Right now we have windows open and it's below 60 outside...I'm cold!) Anyway, back to the reason that I deserve an award...
Clay ate dinner in our newly painted dining room and then we raced to the bath tub (really...we did race, Clay likes to run) and took a quick bath, then put on pj's, read books, sang a few songs and it was time for bed. I put Clay in bed then headed down stairs for a few hours of tv watching to distract myself from the creaky house. Around midnight I was back upstairs heading to bed myself & (I usually go to bed around 10...midnight is late for me) I peeked in to check on Clay. Something was strange in there....the darn light was on! What a moron. I forgot to turn off the light when I put him to bed. Poor little guy had to drift off to sleep with the light brightly shining into his eyes. The crazy thing is...he went right to sleep without a complaint. (I think he takes after you, Mam.)
So, it's not that big of a deal...but you'd think I'd remember to turn off the lights when putting a baby to sleep...am I really ready to add another kid to my list of things to take care of? I hope so!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
I think that they hand out awards for things like this...
Posted by Clay at 6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Kat,
Great to hear from you. Your blog is cracking me up. I hear you guys are in FC, VA. I lived in a town house there for almost 3 years and loved it. My favorite part was walking to Panera Bread for Broccoli Cheese Soup. Clay is beautiful, what a blessing!! We look forward to seeing the little girl.
Love,
shannon, sam and connor
Post a Comment