Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Ugliest Room...EVER

OK- so picture this....wood floors, red painted chairs, a red and unpainted wood table, long brown curtains and a painted black buffet. Oh, did I mention the bottom half of the wall painted country blue? My goodness...it has been an embarrassment and eye sore since we moved in...but I really tried to make the country blue work, because that what was here when we got here. I'm not really a country blue kind of girl.
Clif is on duty today (a job that I'm not that fond of because it means he has to sit at work all day and all night to take care of any problems that might arise & we're stuck here on a Saturday without him!). If you read my previous post you might assume that I'm not too thrilled about spending tonight alone...you'd be right. Anyway, he's on duty and so I thought I'd tackle a project. I switched the brown curtains to some black ones that we already had and hung a shelf (too high, I might add...I never hang things in the right spot). Then, I bought some paint. The name of the paint is "Broome", which I think is pretty descriptive, just a nice dark khaki. So...bye-bye country blue. So, now I have to paint the red chairs and table black and distress them all. Shouldn't be too big of a deal, but I have to wait for the tiny busy-body to go to bed tonight. Thank goodness, I don't have to be annoyed by that any longer. There are plenty of other projects to be taken care of around here, and Clif keeps reminding me that they can wait...I don't know if I can wait though! I wish I had taken a before and after. I'll take an after when I'm through with the table. Now I'm going to go look for something else to mess with...

1 comments:

ginny said...

I can't wait to see pictures. I do wish you'd taken before because I they always make the after look that much better. Have fun painting!