Evelyn Louise Kennedy
December 16, 2007
6 lbs 11 oz, 19 3/4 inches
Evy Lou made her entrance into the world on Sunday afternoon. Compared with my last experience...her birth was sweet & uncomplicated! Of course, she decided to come in the 24 hour period that there was not a grandmother here to watch Clay...but thankfully we have sweet friends that were able to come over and take care of our "Baby Sheep." Anyway...Mam left early Saturday morning so I kept telling myself...just keep her in there until Monday afternoon...but, during the night on Saturday I kept having strange feelings and sure enough, my water broke around 6 am. We made it to the hospital & things moved pretty quickly, she was born at 12:50 pm. (Compared with my 28 hour labor with Clay...7 hours was pretty easy!)
Because things went so well & this our second child, they let us come home 24 hours later...so, we've just been getting used to this new little person. Of course, she's only 3 days old...so she sleeps a lot and is so tiny and cuddly. She's over a pound smaller than Clay was...and she only has 2 outfits that are small enough to fit her, despite her extensive wardrobe. Clay is not necessarily to excited that she's here for good...but when we came home from the hospital, he tickled her feet and kept kissing them. Then he said, "She's so beautiful!" It was an unprompted, sweet expression from him...and a memory I hope I don't forget. He's been a little grumpy...but tonight he came down with a fever...so maybe he just doesn't feel well...or maybe he's allergic to babies. (Just kidding.) Tonight he decided that she was a baby bullfrog...and after that...he seemed a little bit more tolerant of her. He's a strange one, but still making us laugh.
We are looking forward to getting to know this new little girl. I have to admit, after having a very blonde/bald baby...I was shocked to see a head of dark hair. But, I'm looking forward to putting bows in it! Everything else is going well...she has a touch of jaundice...but, I think it gives her a nice tan. :) We're content in our home these days and feel blessed and thankful for our early Christmas gift.
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Evy
Posted by Clay at 6:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
Congratulations, Kennedys.... She is beautiful, and I know you are so glad she is here. What a precious gift! Have a wonderful Christmas.. We love you...
Congratulations! She is so beautiful.
She is so pretty! Praise God for a healthy baby and a Mom that is blogging so soon! Congratulations and Merry Christmas.
Congrats Kat. She is beautiful. Mackey is jealous of all the beautiful hair. In a few weeks Clay won't know what to do without her. Enjoy this precious time, the second one grows way too quick. She is gorgeous...I am sure that you are enjoying having Clif there to experience the joys of a new baby. Take care. Whitney
Congratulations! 7 hours you are a pro at this now for sure! She is beautiful and I cannot wait to hold sweet little Evy and I know Clay will be super loving and protective of her! Merry Christmas sweet friend! Love you all!
Oh, I'm sooooo happy for y'all! She's beautiful, but I'm sad that I can't see her and hold her!
So now what are you going to do about your blog named Clayton Jack? Change it to Clayton Jack & Evy Lou? ;-)
Congrats! She is beautiful. Glad to hear it was a smooth birth. And glad you are still alive and kicking--it was a long time since your last post :-)
Hope you are all doing well.
she is beautiful... what a special Christmas this will be for you all ! So happy to hear everything went so well ! Congrats !
Merry Christmas
laci
Congratulations! Woohooo! Welcome to the world of December birthdays :) Just remember to always make her feel extra special by wrapping ehr presents in birthday paper, not holiday paper.
What a wonder Christmas present for you and the fam! She's gorgeous, Kat... nice job!
I saw a pic of her via phone, and she looks even cuter more than 10 pixels wide. :) We're saying prayers of thanks here for your Christmas baby, and also praying for Clay to "adjust". (the person who said firstborn ever really adjust to having another person in their territory did not have children close together) We love you guys, and can't wait to see more pictures!
Congratulations!!!! She is so beautiful!! I am so happy for ya'll. Take care and Merry Christmas!!!
She is absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy for y'all!
Congratulations Clif, Kat & Clay! That sweet little Evy could be a baby model. What a happy Christmas gift - you are all in our thankful prayers. Can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations, Kennedy family. She is just beautiful! Have a Merry Christmas (and don't worry too much about Clay adjusting...it will happen...at some point :).
What a Wonderful Christmas Blessing...A beautiful Baby Girl and a quick delibery!!!
It is so wonderful to see your sweet family grow. Know that you all are being prayed for during this sweet time!
Blessings,
Sharyn
Congratulations!! I am so thrilled Clif got to share in this delivery! Enjoyed this Blessed Holiday Season with your precious little gift! She is a DOLL!!
love janie
Kat . . . CONGRATULATIONS! She is beautiful! You don't know, but I am a secret blog stocker, and love hearing about your fun little family! It's been a long time, but love knowing you are doing well! -Rachel Schmale
Congratulations! What a beautiful little girl.
Oh she is so beautiful! She can now share the b-day season with Brynne and Mackey!
she is absolutly gorgeous kat. congrats!
Post a Comment