Saturday, December 08, 2007

Teamwork





Before Clay was born, I had definite opinions on children watching television...that they should not watch it. That was one of many opinions that changed AFTER having a child. When you stay at home with kids, sometimes you have to take a shower, use the restroom, clean out the dishwasher or fix dinner and maybe it's not true for everyone...but some of these things would NEVER happen if it weren't for our television. Now...I have to be honest and say that I still think that too many children watch too much tv, but anyway...this isn't really what I'm wanted to talk about anyway. Clay's ultimate favorite television show is "The Wonderpets." I happen to think that this show is witty, imaginative and pretty funny most of the time. It's also the source of Clay pretending to be all of the crazy baby animals that he likes to become. So...the Wonderpets sing a song..."What's gonna work? Teeeeaaammwork." And Clay likes to sing this song when he is "helping" us - rake the leaves, clean up toys, sweep the floor...and his freaky talent, shoveling out the fireplace ashes. Seriously, he can shovel all of the ashes without spilling them, all by himself. It's weird. So, here are a few "teamwork" photos.
-The last one with the red box on his head is of Clay pretending to be a Marine or "Rene." Clay sees Marines fairly often...but, many times that we see them - it is at a parade, so the Marine Corps Band and the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps are marching...which makes Clay think that the coolest thing that Marines do is play drums...for now...I'll just let him keep thinking that, although I think the days of pretending to be a Marine in a foxhole are not too far off for our little dare devil. (And notice the "fireman boots" an essential part of Clay's daily wardrobe.)

7 comments:

Ashley S. said...

What a great helper! I LOVE the Wonderpets! I'm now a nanny of a 4 year old and it's the best kids show that I've discovered since being with him. It's hilarious. Love it!

Ashley said...

Loving the 2 posts in 2 days! You are on a roll! Clay's teamwork song makes me smile! ~Ashley

New said...

Judd and I wish we could come and see the little "Rene" in action. Clay is precious...I hope Judd will have teamwork like Clay.

Princess Ellie said...

what a great little helper !! Love the boots !

Laci

livinginthemidwest said...

Yeah! You're back. Miss you friend.

Jan said...

The wonder pets is our favorite too!! We found the song as a ringtone on phone zoo which is so awesome. Evy is a big helper too but not as good as clay!!! Merry christmas y'all!

The Schmidt Family said...

What's really sad is when my husband and I bust out into "What's going to work, teamwork," when our daughter isn't even in the same room.