Thursday, March 06, 2008

It's Springing!

Yesterday it was actually warm enough for us to crawl out of our hibernation (with just a jacket on because someone named Clay refuses to wear coats) and play outside for awhile. A few days ago Clay and I were able to spend time outside as well...he was tromping through the flower beds so I had to explain to him that there were baby plants coming through the ground...I went into this whole science lesson including the song (sung to the tune of head, shoulders, knees and toes) "flower, stem, leaves and roots, leaves and roots. flower, stem, leaves and roots, leaves and roots. all you need is sun and shower, and a seed grows into a flower." A bit much, right? Anyway - I guess some part of me does miss teaching little ones. So, yesterday Clif, Clay and I were spending some much needed time outside and Clay was looking at all of the bulbs (I'm not sure what they are because there isn't a bloom yet, but there are hundreds of them!) and he said, "It's SPRINGING!" So, we are pleased that Spring is just around the corner. I will have to get some pictures of the beautiful plants that are blooming in the yard. I'm ready for Spring and some 70 degree weather!

0 comments: