Thursday, March 06, 2008

Pierced for our transgressions
























Previously I posted on how Spring is springing around our home. As I ran outside to snap these photos during naptime today...I reflected on the series of sermons that Mark Dever, our pastor at CHBC, has been preaching. The series is titled, "Pierced for Our Transgressions" and has taken us from Christmas through Easter. It has been amazing to hear the message over and over again each Sunday that Christ died for my sins. He died for me! He died for me? Hearing this over and over again never gets old, it never stops amazing me. I don't deserve this. Sometimes I think that God cannot really know everything (I know He does though!) because if He did...he certainly would not call me His child. I am a sinner, I would not hesitate to call myself a big sinner. So, today, as I see the blooms blooming in our yard...I am thankful for God, sending his Son to this Earth, to die for me. Although I don't deserve this gift, it is still the Truth. And as the new flowers push through the earth, I think about my new life in Christ. What a gift it is. Praise God.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I didn't realize you went to Mark Dever's church! Very cool! I love to read what he writes.

We miss y'all!

Haegelin Family said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for brightening my day. Love your haircut, by the way!
Sarah Haegelin