Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Blossoms






Clay has a book, Good Morning, America! He's a little bit freaky on his book memorization skills...I actually cannot even tell you how many books he has memorized...maybe 15-20? Probably more, no joke. And these aren't all just the one-liner books...some of them have 2 or 3 sentences a page. It's weird. Sometimes we think...can he read? But, no he can't...and that memorization thing is going to come in handy in college. Anyway, in this particular book one of the pages says, "Happy Spring, Washington D.C., our nation's capital." It has pictures of the "Washington Ornament", as Clay calls it, (aka the Washington Monument), the Capitol Building and cherry blossoms. So, today we went to see these famous blossoms. Goodness gracious, every American should come to DC while the cherry blossom trees are blooming. They are breathtaking.

7 comments:

livinginthemidwest said...

Wow, those pictures are amazing! It reminds me of when my family lived there when I was young. My nephew was the same way about memorizing books. Maybe he'll be an early reader?

TeamRB said...

Kat,
All your pictures are so beautiful. I hope that I can take my family to see the blossoms some day...
Clay is growing up so much and so is Evy. I just love the pictures of her and her daddy. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day.

Ashley said...

Booking my flight today will leave tomorrow morning! J/K, but I do want to visit that place again very soon!

Princess Ellie said...

thank you for posting those pics ! I have never been there and it is so pretty ! I especially like the picture of the boys !

laci

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see those places and trees. I have heard so much about there beauty. 1 1/2 weeks. Whit

The Schmidt Family said...

Wow it's beautiful there!! Your kiddos are precious!

Becky said...

Those pictures are so great Kat!