Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Warm Day!

Yesterday was our first warm day of the year...it was truly needed & beautiful. But, of course, today it is in the 50s again today...yuck. I thought I'd capture a few shots of Evs outside & although Clay was loving digging, swinging, "cwodering (coloring) with chalks" & hiding and seeking...he was not loving the thought of it all being captured on camera!

I have to say a few quick things...
1)in order for a child to grow into a Christ-loving, respectable, likeable adult...they do not HAVE to attend preschool when they are two years old...although all of my neighbors simply think this is a must. I think I'm already feeling some of the scorn and strange looks that folks give you homeschoolers and it is mighty irritating.
2)along those same lines...Parents are a little too quick to think that they are the best parents in the world and they their way of parenting is the only way...around here people have some strong views and it just so happens that they are clearly different than mine. oh well, right? I don't want to get into a political conversation here...but, just to give you an idea...on our neighborhood listserv they were all really trying to find tickets to go see Obama....ummm....enough said? I've just been storing up all of my irritations with Northern Virginia weirdness and it's finally all spilling out! Last but not least....
3) Why do you need a nanny when you are a stay at home mom? Isn't staying at home with your children in the job title. I'll tell you one thing...if some of you want to send me the funds...I'm going to get a nanny and go to the gym, get my nails done, go get some coffee and then finally throw in some volunteer work...yes folks, this is the neighborhood I live in. Weird. (Please, please don't be offendedif you read this and your are a nanny-using stay at home mom....but if you are, I might be a little bit jealous of you.) That last paragraph may seem strange...but this is the only place for me to vent! :)


Now, back to the original reason I was blogging anyway...beautiful weather! This tree starting blooming last week and I could not believe it's beauty. It's right outside Clay's window and I love to open his blinds and see it blooming. I asked a neighbor what it was and she says Japanese Magnolia...I'll take her word for it.


Evy-Girl...she didn't know what to think about the sunshine!




Clay...he loves to line things up and make trains. He loves to be the "Puffer-Man" AKA...train conductor.





5 comments:

Lisa said...

If you can't vent on your own blog, where can you?!? Love the pictures of the kids...wish I could get my hands on that beautiful girl.

Ashley said...

Clay Jack is all boy with that hat on backwards and that look on his face is priceless, Evy is so sweet I just cannot wait to hold her. When I have kids I am staying home end of story so vent all you like I love it and agree with you 100%! Miss you all!

KatieKate said...

When I moved to Grand Rapids, I was a nanny to 5 children for over 2 years. The mom did not work and the father's company downsized two weeks after I arrived. I was sure they wouldn't need me around and would need to find another means of cash, but no...no no no, they said! Please stay! Are you KIDDING me? For two years I worked for this faimly with both parents unemployed.

I understand, darlin', I understand.

Anonymous said...

The tree is beautiful in bloom! So is your sweet family! You just continue to be the great Mom to your children and don't listen your neighbors. They probably agreed with Hillary when she said " it takes a village" to raise your children. It "takes a family" to raise your children beginning with the Mom!!!! love banty

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Love you, Evs and Clay-Jack!
(you too, Unc and Kat)