Monday, April 07, 2008

Give me a break...
Last week Oprah had a pregnant "man" on her show. Gross.
Just a second ago I heard Selma Hayek talk about her recent pregnancy and the birth of her daughter. She said she feels sorry for "young" mothers because they have not experienced life and they long to accomplish other things...she actually said 23 years old was too young...newsflash Selma...not everyone should wait until they are 40 years old to have a baby. Give me a stinkin' break. Oh goodness gracious...now she's talking with Oprah about how they don't need to have a "contract" to be committed to their partners. Ummm...Oprah you are contributing to the decline of American society. Give me a break!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Yeah, I saw the show with the pregnant "man". It's such a silly story because he's NOT a man! "He" is a woman who cut off her breasts and took some testosterone.

And as for Salma Hayek's comment, I had PalmBoy when I was 23 and PalmGirl when I was 25. And I'm glad I did! She needn't feel sorry for me. ;-)

livinginthemidwest said...

Oprah's new book is a bit scary too "The New Earth". I think I might consider her and her fans a bit cult-like.

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

Might be time for me to cut Oprah out of my DVR schedule....
That's so selfish to imply that true living is to accomplish things, travel, etc. What could be better than loving and teaching your little ones?

Linda D said...

Okay I had to speak up on this issue. I am the ultimate lurker of blogs.....coming to you via LHIGP. Anyways, I am an Oprah lover....but I strongly disliker her at times like this too! I am disgusted with you. I also want to tell everyone that I have a theory, that Oprah will one day reveal she is really a man from the middle east area....therefore the anti-Christ. don't laugh. ponder it. she has too much power :) Okay so maybe I just need sleep!!! Oh, and this is Linda Darjean, Cara's friend :)

Ashley said...

Alright you know I have to comment! I was super frustrated with her today, by the way Oprah is showing her age with huge bags under her eyes. I often wonder if she wishes she had kids, I bet she does. Anyways, you know I am single, praying for the right man and I may be the 40 year old having kids and I am okay with that. Mom had me at 23 and I know she loved it. Different times for different people and I think people like Selma need to keep comments to themselves. Great example have a baby and not get married. WOW I can only pray for her child. Love you and your sweet family!

Princess Ellie said...

I was so mad about that pregnant man thing ... God made her a woman ... she IS a she on the inside and NOT a pregnant man ... SICK ... that poor child ! I turned it off ... and the same with yesterdays show also ! I wanted to say ... You know what lady, you'll be almost 60 years old when your kid graduates high school :) Not thats is bad to wait ... but don't knock having them young ...

laci

New said...

I stop watching Oprah long ago!