Early this morning, my most kindred spirit went to be with Jesus. Mompeg (Peggy Roper was her name to most), my grandmother, was the person in this world I most identified with...she was first and foremost a follower of Jesus Christ, a mother, a wife (the best example of submission to her husband that I have ever witnessed), a grandmother, an artist, a comedian, a companion, an athlete (walked a few miles and played golf into her upper 70s), a fashion plate. She was something. How do you sum up an amazing life in a paragraph? It's impossible. I cannot get over my lack of sadness...but I know that my heart is filled with mostly joy (I'm more sad for those that she left behind) because early this morning, Jesus welcomed her into His House. I know she's singing and dancing (and believe she did not sing or dance very well!), with that deep East Texas accent, singing praises to God. I personally cannot wait to join her! Today I have reflected on the fact that there is nothing more beautiful than a woman that lived her entire life as a witness to the Gospel and her homecoming. It's been a sweet thought on my mind this entire week as we knew that her time was approaching. I will miss Mompeg, but I am filled with joy that she is home.
Some glad morning when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away;To a home on God's celestial shore, I'll fly away
When the shadows of this life have gone, I'll fly away;
Like a bird from prison bars has flown, I'll fly away
Just a few more weary days and then, I'll fly away;To a land where joy shall never end, I'll fly away
I'll fly away, Oh Glory I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,I'll fly away
~Alfred E. Brumley
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
8 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. She sounds like a wonderful woman!
What a wonderful example of Christ to all she knew! Praying for your family and thankful she is happy and singing watching from above! Love ya sweet friend!
You and your Mom Peg are both amazing women. Many of life's lessons have been shared by both of you. This world is a more joyful place for having had her presence shared by so many and now Heaven will have the joy and love she gave so unconditionally to her family and friends here on earth. She has been the earthly mom I didn't have these past 22 years showing me through example how to be both a good friend and a good wife. After all, I was her very favorite daughter (just ask her). My tears are both for the joy of knowing she is Home and yet also sadness because I will miss her hugs and kisses. Her face carried the wrinkles of not only fun in the sun but also the laughter and smiles that she always shared with others. Thank you, Kat, for such a wonderful tribute to a wonderful mom.
I'm sorry, Kat, but I'm also encouraged by and thankful for what you wrote. A granddaughter praising a grandmother like that is a beautiful thing to see. And you glorify God in it.
your wisdom and absolute joy amaze me. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, but i see that God has already given you the grace to deal with the whole situation. give your mom and dad my love...
Kat - I'm so sorry about your sweet grandmother. I'll be praying for peace for you.
I could only hope to be that kind of Grandmother. Your loss is heaven's gain! janie
What a beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing this, Kat.
Post a Comment