Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Busy Body





Well...I'd like to introduce you to my son...Busy Body. AKA - Clay. This week, I watched a friend's son, we'll call him...Calm One...from the time he arrived until his mom came to get him, Calm One was awesome. There were no unexpected fits, loud screams for no apparent reason, or hyper-active displays of activity. He spent two hours in our home and was level-headed & calm the entire time. On the other hand...Busy Body woke from his nap to find a friend had come to play. This just excited Busy Body so much that he kept crawling up to calm one and getting right in his face and then Busy Body would yell or try to kiss Calm One's face (which was a little scary for Calm One, I think). It was fun to see these two boys in action, although Busy Body is two months older, they are the same size and physically pretty much have similar skills. Of course, Busy Body's movements are lightening quick. Everything he does is fast & hard. Once Calm One left I had a time to think about this busy child of mine...it's funny because sometimes I can see my life flash before my eyes (it gets tiring watching) and I must admit...Busy Body is emotional, tempermental & wild, but I wouldn't trade him for anything. Because I can already see that his disposition is passionate. Now, I can see the challenges of parenting...to mold these qualities that he has into a passion for Christ, his ability to captivate, should be used to captivate others when sharing the Gospel & his hyper-activity...well...I'm not sure why that's good...but I'm sure that it is good somehow in the Sovereignty of God. He's my Busy Body on loan from God for now...and someday in the future we will turn him out into the world and I pray that he will use that busy body to glorify God & raise little Busy Bodies of his own.

3 comments:

Planning Committee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Planning Committee said...

Does it surprise anyone that Clay has a disposition to be passionate about life? I'm not sure I know of too many young adults that have been more passionate in their quests, spiritualness, and everyday actions from their childhoods to their present time as you and Clif. Seems like I've heard something like..."the acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree." It takes a passionate person to know and appreciate another passionate person. Obviously, you and Clif recognize the passion of your child to learn, love, and interact with others. What better qualities could a little person have?

Unknown said...

Well, Cara and I decided that God knew EXACTLY what He was doing when He gave baby Clay to you. He knew that you'd be spending some months alone there in Hawaii, and certainly had to fill your days with something exciting. :) I can't wait to see you guys next month - I'm sure Jack and Ethan can "teach" Clay a thing or two.