Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Polar Express


Polar Express...this week Cara & I were amazed at how extreme the differences between our two children are. They are truly POLAR OPPOSITES. Josie is calm & quiet...usually she can become content quite quickly...as long as she can find her thumb. She follows directions well & seems eager to please as she uses sign-language when asked & will make several animal sounds on command (mmmm....goes the cow!). Although, Cara & I cracked up during one meal time when Cara said, "kitchen", which Josie mistook as "chicken"...Josie "bock, bocked." The one place that Jo-Jo is most content is in her mother's lap...
The one place that Clay is most content, on the other hand, is OUT of his mother's lap. He is always moving & talking (or screaming...a habit that we will soon put an end to!). Not to make light of mental illness, but we commented this week that we could call him bi-POLAR...his highs are high...and his lows are low. When Clay is happy he can bring a smile to anyone's face, but he can flip the switch instantly & become a screaming fit-thrower in the blink of an eye. Cara reminded me that God gave me this child so full of personality for a purpose & I agree. He fills my home with life & I am certainly grateful for that...he is certainly not a wall flower! So...please encourage me to embrace the strong willed child who lives in our home!
Most of our time was spent at home, but we did go shopping several times. Once, I actually had both of them by myself while we were out (Cara was getting her toes nicely painted!) everyone wanted to know if they were twins. I wanted to say..."Don't you think I'd have a double stroller if they were twins?" As it was Jo was in the stroller & Clay was on my hip. But, I understand why they asked, we did match them everyday! We laughed as the two of them taught each other new tricks & woke each other from a nap or two. It was a crazy trip & quite a sacrifice for Cara...a plane trip to Hawaii alone with a 13 month old is not fun, but we appreciated it!
We made memories that will stay with us always & I am blessed to have not only gained a husband when I married Clif, but a sister as well. Not many women are lucky enough to have the relationship that I share with my married family. It is a blessing that I am continually grateful for & so glad to have a beautiful niece as well. Josie is the sweet girl that every mother dreams about & we were so happy to have this special time with her.
Our photos are of the kids favorite time...the bath, Halloween (a day that I have to confess I really don't like, but I can't resist dressing Clay up), and some time in the yard. One name Josie answers to is Josie-Bug...and she is truly the cutest bug I've ever seen! It was a fun week with our POLAR opposites & I am already looking forward to December when we will be together again!

2 comments:

Little House in Grand Prairie said...

It was our joy and pleasure to be with you guys and we would do it again - 8 hour flight and all! I will always remember this trip....with my sister and best friend.
I hope our kids will be best buddies someday too.

Unknown said...

Looks like you girls - and boy - had a great time together. We were thinking about you and all the scrapbooking, talking, crafting, shopping, etc. you were probably doing. Maybe we can see you when you come down for the holidays. Give that cowboy a howdy from the SFB.