
You've heard of growing pains...but no one has ever studied the pain of shopping on men, children, and my mother-in-law :). We began our day just like every other day, but today Clay got to eat some of Erin's yummy scones that she made while we watched the prince pick the wrong girl (and yes...I am embarrassed that I watch this stupid show). Thank you, Erin...we both have enjoyed them! But, after that everything went wrong. This week has been full of mysteries & today was another one...why do children not take naps BEFORE you plan to leave the house? Clay almost always takes a great morning nap...not today. He cried for forever & then woke up early. But, I was not letting that deter me from my mission...I was going to the mall no matter what. I've been stuck at home a lot lately, and needed to see real people...well, by real people, I mean the Japanese tourists that shop at my favorite mall because they are the only ones who can afford the designer stores there (them and my favorite Pundit). So, I knew that it was going to be rough, but I went anyway. Luckily the shopping trip was great & Clay made everyone smile while we ate lunch. I had to get pork chops today, because that was the meal that I was planning on eating, when my face went up in flames. He gobbled them up as quickly as I did. He missed his second nap, so things were getting rough as I was leaving the last store...then there was a meltdown in the car while we were stuck in traffic & finally, as we pulled into base, he fell asleep. So...it was too late to let him nap, and therefore I had to deal with the shopping pains that I had created. There was a lot of crying before bathtime. I even gave him the off-limits remote & he threw it on the ground, right before he threw himself on the ground in a fit of crazy-tiredness. All that said, I didn't even buy anything for myself...just a few things for Clay. Was it worth it? I think it was...we both need a change of scenery now and then, even though it creates problems later~
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Shopping Pains
Posted by Clay at 11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kat, you and I had a similar day! I laughed about you appeasing him with the off control remote and him just throwing it on the floor. My mom pretty much raised my sister and I at the mall with her best friend and her boys. It was their amusement. So whatever the cost, sometimes I just have to return to my natural habitat and get back in touch with my inner self. I hope Clay has a better napping day today!
Well, he looked pretty happy when I saw him in Ann Taylor! ;-)
By the way, I can't afford designer clothes, either! I got stuff at AT on sale AND used a coupon!
My kids NEVER slept while I shopped and I always envied those moms with sleeping babies.
Anne-- I was just joking...I know you aren't shopping at the designer places like the Japanese tourists! And I am with you...I just shop at the back of the store where everything's on sale, too. Hope you & PalmPilot had a good afternoon together. -K
Clay, come home to TX so your mom can shop with Aunt Cara while you play with your cousins, Doc and Mam, and your Tutu and Grandad.
Post a Comment