Have I told you guys lately that I feel like a complainer? Well, I just need to say that I don't mean to be a complainer AND I really don't mean to complain about Clay. Now, don't get me wrong, that boy is the biggest mess that I've ever known (ask any of my friends these days...as our children play they just shake their heads and laugh as Clay gears up for a fit), but I would not trade him for the nicest and most compliant of children. I mean...hey, I've always been a girl who likes a challenge. My favorite thing these days - people keep telling me how smart he is. Now the reason this makes me laugh is because everyone is helping me try to think of an excuse for his behavior. But, lets me honest here - all of our problems will be solved when his Dad gets home, right? I mean, Clif's a hero - he will swoop in to our home and save the day, right? Just kidding, I'm not that naive. But, I am thinking it will be a good change for a our little family! So, no comments needed - but this is my official apology for any complaining that I've been doing - I like to refer to it as venting - but either way I'd like to officially put an end to it...today!
By the way- here's your monkey-boy update: I went to my bedroom for about 3 or 4 minutes this morning, when I walked out I heard dishes clanging, so I quickly walked to the kitchen, no Clay, then I walked into the living room and turned to see a beaming boy, perched atop our kitchen table clanging my cute vintage flower vase against a dish. Cool. That's funny...if it's not your cute vintage vase that might have been smashed...oh the imagination that must be turning in that boy's head, I'd love to know what he's thinking!
Monday, March 05, 2007
Have I told you lately?
Posted by Clay at 11:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
He's a climber! I was a climber and a bit crazy so there is hope I promise!
I love your posts - your stories, your honesty. Clay is one of a kind and you have to paint that picture of him so others can truly know him. I don't think you're complaining....you're a champ for all you do. Plus, your blog is so much more fun to read because it's honest. People with "perfect" children are annoying and lying! We know you love your little guy and we love him too.
Kat, I feel like I never miss anything with you b/c your descriptions make me feel like I am there in person! Thanks for always making me laugh, he is an adorable child and I only think someday my children may be just like him, full of life and character. You are an amazing mother and I am so excited that the Kennedy 3 are about to be together again!
Little house is right--people with perfect children are lying.
Sharing stories about the surprises that come with parenting does not count as complaining. We moms are regularly surprised by our kids--it's God's way of keeping us interested, I think :-)
Kat, from A&M, phi lamb? betsy here... it seems that our boys are very much alike. kyle never ceases to amaze me by what he will get into when I am not looking or right in front of my face... he also climbed out of his crib, has stood on top of the kitchen table, and today went down the tallest slide I have ever seen! fearless...
hey kat,
i love your blog - really enjoyed the pic of messy clay! what a cutie! i am so sorry we missed you while you were in tx over the holidays! we think of you often!
love from eddy, rachel and rory
Just wanted to say that I'm laughing at the comment you left on Cara's blog - arm knee...I mean, it does make sense.
new pics please.
I am having clay-boy withdrawal.
love you, aunt cara
KAT!! It's Beth! From good ol' CHS! Autumn sent me a link to your blog and I am loving it! Clay is so very cute! It really sounds like you are all doing well! I am so glad! I don't know if you will see this or not but I couldn't find an email address for you. Let me know if you have one!
Post a Comment