There's this kid who lives in my house...I won't name any names...but, he's a messy kid. Now, I love this certain child. He is a mess & I have mentioned before that he has a zeal for life, but I feel these photos capture a little bit of what I'm living with. Keep in mind, I did not ALLOW this meal to happen, it just happened somehow...and his hair looked like this when he woke up. What you are seeing is applesauce, mixed with water and a little bit of spaghetti with raisins sprinkled on top. And...he's eating it. He got a quick dunk in the sink after this meal. Also, he does not usually play with toys & eat...but for some reason today, there was a plastic horse involved, I'm not sure why!
Oh yeah, just to top it all off-- a friend came to sit at the house while Clay napped and I ran a quick errand...when I got home she said, "Let me just tell you about Clay." I thought, "Hmmm I guess he didn't take his whole nap?" Well, apparently he didn't take a nap at all- he was too busy climbing out of his crib! My theory is, he threw is blanket out and decided to after it. Whatever the case, I'm a little freaked out & about to read some literature on confining a defiant child to their bed, should be fun! I am sure glad that Clif is about to walk into an entirely different war zone than the one in Iraq!
8 comments:
His expression in that third picture is priceless. Cute highchair, Clay!
Kat, I'm cracking up here - seriously laughing out loud. I think God probably laughs every time Clay does something like this because He knew exactly what He was doing when He put you two together. I can't believe you're on the countdown now for Clif to be home. I think he will very quickly have a newfound respect for you for keeping up with your Clay every day. :)
This is one way that you and your "twin" are very much alike, Clay. You and JoJo could really make a mess together...and probably will. At then Jack will panic and clean it up!
We are counting down with you! Just knowing you three are back together will make the LHIGP so much happier.
Love you, and love the hair Clay. Your daddy needs to take you to get a military cut.
My only advice about the climbing out of the crib thing is possibly hang blackout blinds in his windows so he can't see in his room. I am convinced that this is the reason Jack never tried to get out of his crib. But Clay is a little more determined than his older cousin....
Kat,Ian was(is) a climber, too. I had to put a net tent on his crib to save his life and limbs. I'll email you a link to it.
I'd like to caption that last picture as "...and I got away with it."
I'm impressed he doesn't have a sippy cup! Libby gets after Addi's cups all the time and what a mess that usually makes! Maybe Clay will be able to teach her a thing or two when y'all move closer.
Clay is proof that God has a sense of humor (if we didn't already have proof of course!) Love this post!
Post a Comment