This is the day,
this is the day *feel free to start singing along...*,
this is the day that my husband comes home,
that my husband comes home...
Seriously, PRAISE HIM. It's 9:16 pm here, this time tomorrow we'll just be minutes away from seeing Clif step off of a plane with his fellow Marines fresh from Iraq. It is such a strange feeling that not many people get to experience. (I use the words "get to" loosely)
Quick thoughts -
1. Is it me or does Clay get better behaved every second that his Dad flies closer to us? hmmm....???
2. I said the words "SHUT-UP" to my computer as I read a post from a friend of a friend of a friend on her blog that said something like, " insert husband's name here is leaving us on a business trip and will be gone for a few days...our house just isn't the same without him" A FEW DAYS?!?!?! I don't know this girl, but I'm sure she'll survive...somehow (no bitterness here, I promise) AND - I know that I am a loser for reading a blog of a friend of a friend of a friend.
3. I AM HAPPY...happier today than I have been in 7 months. yea.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
THIS is the DAY!
Posted by Clay at 12:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
WHOOP! I am smiling just thinking about how happy you are today! Yeah for the Kennedy 3 being together and for you Kat on being such a wonderful mother and wife during this deployment. You are an inspiration to me and Clif is a hero to all. Sweet Clay you are one lucky and blessed little boy, I am excited that your daddy is coming home today! Love you and super happy for you my friend! ~Ashley
You did it. You survived this thing. We love you guys and thank God for bringing our brother and friend home. I know we will all breathe easier when he is reunited with you and Clay. Can't wait to witness it through photos and talking to you. And take my advice, don't read friends of friend's blog. It's just annoying.
SO excited for you!!! WHOOP! I will be praising the Lord that your family is reunited and soon in DC ;) Totally not lame to read others blogs... thats the point... I don;t think anyone would read mine unless they stumbled on it ;)
So PUMPED for the Kennedy Family today!!!
yeah !!! I am so excited that your hero is coming home !! Wrap your arms around his neck and enjoy every second of it !! Thank you for you sacrifice !!
laci
Kat, I am so excited ofr you...you have truely exercised the word sacrifice. You will be receiving many a jewels. I can't imagine the way the Lord rejoices when you two are united with each other.
OK -- I'm crying now, just like I do every time I hear of a military homecoming. They bring back such powerful memories, and I can really relate to your joy today!
When you're all settled into a routine, we want to have you guys over for dinner.
I'm sooooo happy for the three of you! :-)
Kat...
I'm so excited for ya'll and truly thankful that God has blessed ya'll with a safe homecoming!!!! Thanks for your sacrifice!! That little guy is a cutie :)
--kelly
Praise the Lord! I'm very happy for you and your family. I will be looking forward to pics of the reunion...don't take that as pressure to blog though. You just take as much time as you need to staring at, holding, talking to, etc. YOUR HUSBAND! And, letting your heart swell as you watch him with your son. Enjoy every precious moment.
I have no idea what you must be feeling right now, but I can only imagine. You and Clif are both heroes, and I am so glad that you're finally together again. Praise God for his faithfulness.
Good morning, you three! What a great day to wake up to knowing you are all back together again. This day has been long in coming and we are all so proud for you. Thank you for blogging so quickly...letting us know that it really did happen! Love you so much...hope to talk soon. Mom
Sheila wanted you to know that I had been unplugged from the server and that she just took her sweet time talking about the new phone system and messing with her Blackberry and that she is the reason that I did not have access to give comments earlier...I forgave her, though. She sends her love.
Post a Comment