Tuesday, March 20, 2007

This much I know

If you know me, you know that I don't know much...but, I do know that you might lose your mind when you go to battle with a 17 month old. In Clay-Jack's world, everything is a power struggle - from eating to changing diapers, fits come often & with such force that it is a little bit scary. Well, let me tell you about our fight this morning...
I opened the fridge & the bar that holds your condiments in place on the door fell off and hot sauce, dressings, jelly & bar-b-que sauce tumbled onto the floor. Clay said, "uh-oh!" and I rolled my eyes because I just mopped the floors. So, I put the bar back into place and shut the door, then the second time I opened the fridge door the same thing happened, but this time...the bar-b-que sauce/marinade busted and black oozy liquid started to seep across my freshly pine-sol-ed floor! A-NNOYING! So, I scooped him up & plopped him into the high chair, he was fine with this for about 30 seconds and then came one of those previously mentioned fits! Clay and I exchanged some words (both of us were determined to win) he freaked out...he can stand up in the high chair, even when buckled in so we got his blankie & I put him back in the chair (he didn't need to run around free with glass & gross liquidy stuff on the floor!) he proceeded to scream and produce some serious tears (all of which have no effect on me) - he finally gave up & I finished cleaning up the mess. So, I won the battle and my reward for winning was cleaning up a sticky mess. Real cool.

1 comments:

livinginthemidwest said...

It must be another rule that the day before your husband comes home from a deployment, big messes happen...just like the when husbands are deployed sinks get clogged, mice appear, etc. We are so excited, for you and Clay, that Clif is coming home tomorrow...but I just left a message on your phone that said that. Love the new blog layout by the way...